Jess has this thing where he always calls into radio stations to try and win tickets. Well, last week he succeeded and he made it a big surprise for me. All I know is that it is in Anaheim which is usually about 45 minutes away, but thanks to everybody in LA deciding to have wrecks on the freeway, it took us about one hour and 45 minutes. I was guessing where we were going the whole way there. After many hints I finally got it....he won tickets to see The Polyphonic Spree! They are a band I've been listening to since college and I'd never got to see them live until now! They put on an amazing show. They are a 23 member band, and basically it is the lead singer (the guy from Tripping Daisies....remember them?) and a whole orchestra behind him that just ROCKS OUT the entire show. so good.
Once I had guessed where we were going, jess told me he was taking me on a Poly-Sonic Spree. We had dinner at Sonic which is the only one within a 45 mile radius of where we live. I love my sonic. and my jess.
Check em out. They rule.
They cut this heart out of the curtain to start the show.
Waiting for the show to start.
The Polyphonic Spree
6 comments:
you have such a romantic boyfriend. i heart uncly jess.
i miss you sis! i can't believe you'll be here in a week. and you'll be an aunt. and we'll get to have hough noodles. :)
xoxo
oh my gosh, youll be an auntie poo in like 12 days!!!!! holy crap!!! and no i have to work on thanksgiving, but take care of that baby!
How fun! My sister in laws have both won trips to Hawaii from the radio but I have never tried. Maybe I should!
did you know that they are one of chris's fave's i saw them in dallas for a christmas extravaganza! it was awesome! its weird they wear all black now though.
Props to Jess! U an dyour dang sonic! ha
can you say spell check? haha
Post a Comment