Because we had a baby on Dec. 18th, this was the BEST christmas yet. I was so turned off by the idea of having a baby around christmas while I was pregnant. I thought it might be the worst possible time to have a baby. BUT turns out it is an awesome time to have a baby. Christmas is fabulous anyway. Everybody is feeling the love. Family is all around. Add to all those lovey dovey emotions a BRAND NEW BABY and the love is palpable. I loved soaking up my newborn with all the holiday activities happening around us. I made it a point to take care of all Christmas stuff the weekend of Thanksgiving, so we were really able to sit back and relax.
The Royalls and the Mathes joined us for Christmas. They were able to stay at our friends', Ryan and Serene's, house just down the street. Real handy. We had our house to ourselves soaking up Jude and family was able to walk back and forth to our house for visits.
Breckin was so excited to see her cousin Norah!
Jude meets aunt Lauren and uncle Eric!
hand me down christmas jammies from Ben…"up all night"
On Christmas Eve, with a 6 day old Jude, we all headed down to Santa Monica Place to get a picture with Santa Claus.
So tiny! in a sweater!
We had to wait for santa for awhile, but they did great! Then we ate at the Cheesecake Factory. That was enough public for our 6 day old.
I texted this picture to my sister on Christmas Eve after she texted to me that Christmas just wasn't the same without us there drinking crown royall
Christmas jammies!
Our best attempt at the christmas jammie pic. Norah wasn't having it!
Cookies and milk for santa
keeping with Phelps tradition, the kids slept together in our bed on Christmas Eve.
Santa was good to the Royall kids
Christmas morning
"star wars!!" First thing B said when she saw what santa left.
cinnamon rolls while we waited for family to come over.
B made us an ornament at school =)
Steak and crab legs for christmas dinner!
It was an awesome Christmas!! Best one yet =)











No comments:
Post a Comment