Around fall aka "football season", I get a hankering to get back to the farm, so we made it happen last week. I traveled there Sunday with the kids for 7 fun filled days, and Jess met us on Thursday.
Both kids were kind to me on the trip out there. Jude slept the entire 3 hour flight, while B was happy with George and games and the iPad.
We landed in time for family dinner of tortilla soup at Lo's house. Lo and brad had meal planned all the dinners for the whole week! I was so impressed. It was so sweet and so fun to have gourmet meals prepared each night and enjoying each other around the table. Plus, I got some new recipe ideas!
We caught Papa during his lunch break. B was checking the news with Papa and patiently waiting her turn. G and B like to watch curious george on papa's iPad together.
Desi is so sweet and I often found him playing with Jude.
Jude wanting to go outside and play with the big kids. We were able to have slow mornings with coffee on the porch. It was chilly! Blankets and sweaters were a must, especially in the morning/evening. G and B were happy to be reunited. It was constant chasing around the house (usually naked while B shouted "let me look in your butt, GG!"), giggling in GGs room, jumping on the couch, fighting over the cat or watching cartoons.
I love a phelps farm sunset
A morning color session on the porch while Lolo was at yoga. I got to do the Tuesday night yoga class and my abs were sore the next day!
blowing bubbles
It was Jude's second round of farm life. He slept pretty good, but when he was awake he pretty much just wanted to be held by his mama. I was able to put him down for 2 naps everyday while we were there. Success! He ate dinner with us every night and loved the gator rides. (We rode the gator for the first time! Brad took us to the secret pond in the pitch black and it was scary!)
These girls crack me up together. It is almost like they just instinctively "get" each other. I don't know if it is a DNA thing or what, but I love it.
Cheerios and cartoons on the counter every day.
B's face in this photo sums up her trip attitude. She was having a blast with her cousins but she was being majorly mean to her mama. "Three-nager" to the max.
B was OBSESSED with Pete the Cat. Poor guy. She held him 80% of the time we were there.
Cox and Griff came over twice! Fun seeing these 2 boys together.
Lots of walks to Gaga and Papas.
Naps on Lolo
B and Pete the cat in the crib. I walked in on this.
Unlike Jude, B did not take her usual 2-3 hour nap the whole week. She passed out on Lolo's couch one night before dinner (above) and passed out on Gaga's couch around 5 one night. Little nug needs her beauty rest.
Once again...the family crack ups.
G is showing us her "cross eye"
Sunset gator cruise.
I went to lunch with Candy and Lolo at Hamburger King in Shawnee and then facials. The next day, Candy treated us ladies to B and G's first "real" mani/pedi. B picked purple, of course.
thrilled
Mimi came for a day and a night. Lots of smiles for mimi.
We decided to crash Lo and Brad's date night and join them for the Lumineers concert at the Zoo. We dropped the royall kids + G off at the Loziers (huge shout out to candy and matt who survived a crying Jude) and we headed to OKC! We ran into friends kurt and Jackie and Micca and Josh! AND we were even front row for 3 songs when the band came to a stage in the middle of the crowd.
We were up and at em early on Saturday b/c we had to get to Stillwater to tailgate and watch the boys play Texas!
B, Lo and I went to the first half and sat in the end zone seats. B was never quite into it even with ice cream and popcorn. After waving the wheat a couple of times she passed out in my lap and slept most of the half. I actually got to watch the game and it was so fun! It was super hot and we all 3 got sunburned.
Jude looked like he was a member of the Lumineers =)
All FOUR Mathes and Jim and Janet came to tailgate with us. None are OSU fans, and ALL 6 of them bought OSU t-shirts to wear to the tailgate. So sweet. I took pics to use to my advantage one day.
the final sunset of the trip. Pokes won and we walked the long way back to the car through campus. It has changed so much and it was cool to see it! Memories! It really made me want to be in college again. Stillwater campus has got it going on. We headed back to the farm and had another gator ride and Tyler and Lindsey came over for some porch time.
Thanks for the recharge, farm. Until next time.






























































2 comments:
It was solo good to see you all. we had a great time at the game and great to see the kids get together. Thanks for sharing the pictures and as always, your story telling is so fun to read.
Love Nana
So many cute photos!
Post a Comment