Monday, January 26, 2009

Living room addition

Last Friday, Jess and I decided to amp up our living room a bit. We got some chalkboard paint from Home Depot (only like $9!) and we painted a large rectangle above our couch. We decided that we can make our own art instead of paying big bucks for some real art. AND if we get bored with it we can erase and start all over!

We also painted a small rectangle above our entry hall table to use as a message board.



Got this black bookshelf at IKEA, and I thought when turned on it's side it makes a great bench/window seat. Plus...much more seating in the living room!





Saturday night we had a few folks over for an official housewarming party (minus the presents) I made my sister's famous sausage balls and some armadillo eggs (a very healthy combination). We drank beers, had great conversations and topped off the night with a game of Apples to Apples! Very fun =)




8 comments:

lauren and brad said...

dang you! it looks AMAZING!!!! I love the chalkboard paint, the bookshelf looks AWESOME and the message board is soooooo cool! Your appt needs to be on TV!!! It is JUST that cool.

lizcannon said...

oh my gosh, soooo cute!!!! i need more pics asap!!!! i also love love the bookshelf turned benc, great idea!!! eveything is so homey! did you steal that pillow on the couch from sus?

Lane Adair said...

that was a gift from sus =)

candy hammond said...

Ahhh I love it! Wish I coulda been there!

Anonymous said...

i'll be seeing it live and in person VERY VERY SOON!!!!! love

lauren and brad said...

um, hello? how about a birthday girl blog?

CaseyMWetz said...

Oh my goodness...your place looks amazing! Super cute...and ditto to Liz, love the bookshelf/bench thing. You are so crafty! I'm super impressed...will you come do our place?
I miss your cute self!

sus and chris said...

i love the bookshelf, what a good idea!