This is how I spent my spring break:
*Jess takes me out for happy hour at Fish Enterprise when I get out of school on Friday. $1 oysters....can't beat it.
*Candy comes to LA on saturday! We bike down to Whaler's Bar on the beach to meet up with our kickball league pub crawl...but we never find them! we make a pub crawl of our own. We end the night at Venice Bistro with a live band and interesting venice beach civilians....Candy tops the night off with a bike wreck on the way home. She had not ridden a bike in awhile. So I guess riding a bike is not like riding a bike =)
*We relax on Sunday and prepare for our trip to Catalina!
*We get all packed up and head down to catch the ferry to catalina on Monday. We upgrade to Captain's quarters and got our own private room and complimentary Mimosa's. It was about an hour boat ride to the island.
*We arrive a Two Harbors, a truck picks up our camping gear and delivers it to our campsite, we take off on a beautiful quarter mile hike along the ocean to get to our campsite right on the beach. It is the off season so we are practically the only people around. The whole time I felt like we were on an episode of Lost. It was great. It was about 65 during the days...but felt warmer there for some reason...I got a pretty good tan. At night it was a bit chilly but nothing a campfire couldn't cure! I'm dying to go back during the summer when we can actually take a dip in the crystal clear water!
*We got back home on Wednesday and we were exhausted!! (and stinky!!!) we took showers, did laundry, rented movies, and ordered chinese food for a relaxing night in. Candy left on Thursday = (
*Saturday I went to an LA Kings hockey game VIP style with my friend Cassie and two of her girlfriends. It was a great Girl's Day Out! I never knew hockey was such a big production....the fights were so fake, it was like professional wrestling.
*Saturday night Jess surprised with a date night to our favorite...musha!
*Sunday we celebrated easter all day. We are always very sad on these family holidays when we have no family around =( so we wanted to make our celebration as homey as possible. We started the morning going to the First Presbyterian Church in Santa Monica. In some ways it reminded me of my presby days with some of the traditions (i.e. I have so missed "Glory to the father, and to the son, and to the holy ghost....as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end...amen....amen....GOOD MEMORIES) but in other ways it just didn't measure up. I've been going to an episcopalian service two days a week for two years now (my school) that I started forgetting how the presby's did things.
After church we were off to the grocery store to get all the supplies for a perfect easter dinner: rolls, cherry pie, chicken and rice casserole, mashed potatoes, corn, and deviled eggs. We had a few friends over to help us eat it all and had some good laughs. It was a great Easter!
mmmmm. $1 happy hour oysters.
Lunch at World Cafe
Jess had this ridiculously long mustache hair that kept distracting candy and I when he was talking.
Sunset on Venice Beach
We're here! Just off the ferry at Catalina Island.
The drink of Catalina Island: Buffalo Milk...pretty good
It was a high scoring game: 4-3...Kings win! It got really loud and crazy when the kings would score a goal.
6 comments:
Looks like an awesome spring break!!! i want to come visit, if you havent moved back home nexy summer, cam and i plan to do a campink/biking trip thru cali, and we can stay with yall like you did with us!!! you can take us to all those cool places!!!! i miss you. sorry you missed fam so much :(. do you remember an easter we were at grams and i was still allergic to chocolate and she gave everybody choc. bunnies but i had to get a grape one? and we always made choc nesquick, but i had to make strawberry milk????
1. oysters, captains quarters, and buffalo milks? you are livin' the life girl!
2. so happy you had b/f/f time.
3. isn't catalina awesome! i can't wait to go back someday. love it!
4. don't worry about missing family time, we weren't even all together! but ben did miss his lala.
5. what are you talkin' about? I'm ALREADY counting sleeps! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!
BFF time is the best!
Sounds like you had fun...Ash and I will be headin out there before too long..would love for you to meet her! And maybe we'll hit the tennis ball around; wouldn't that be a blast from the past! Have a great week lane..peace!
it was a lonesome easter without my egg-huntin' girlies:( love.
i want to camp on catalina...only 2...TWO...more sleeps!!!!! love.
Post a Comment