Monday, August 12, 2013

Month 2 Letter

Dear Breckin Bean,

That seems to be the nickname that always comes out these days.  This month has been so good.  Staying home with you everyday was the best decision that I could have ever made.  You have grown so much. Everyday is different.  You have grown from a newborn to an infant.  Your arms and legs get chubbier by the day.  It looks like you have rubberbands around your wrists and ankles.  Your hair, which was jet black, long and curly when you were born, is falling out and light, blondish-brown hair is growing back in its place.  You still have a crown of long dark hair at the base of your hairline making you look bald on top like an old man!  You have "a rod" in your back just like I did when I was a baby (according to Gaga).  You arch your back so far that you are practically in a C-formation.  You do this when we hold you sometimes and you always sleep this way on your side.




You weighed 12.5 pounds (90 percentile)  and measured 24.25 inches (95 percentile) at your 2-month check up.  Your head size went from 100 percentile at your 1-month check up to 75 percentile...so your body is catching up with your big head! 




 You are slightly more predictable which is nice.  Your nights are pretty consistent.  You go to bed around 8-9 every night and give us a good 4-6 hour stretch. Then you are up between 1-3 and give us another 4-6 hour stretch.  You sleep in bed with us and you barely fuss when you wake up, you start to nurse and quickly go back to sleep. You toot in your sleep throughout the night!! It makes me laugh everytime and makes it easier to wake up for the middle of the night feedings! 





 You are most active and happy in the morning time.  You'll lay there on your back for awhile kicking out your arms and legs all while working on your coos. You let us know when you are tired of that and we prop you up on the pillows with us.  Early morning time is special for you and daddy.  He usually change your diaper and play with you until he has to start getting ready for work.  Sometimes, I can get a quick nap in.  You are ready for you first nap of the day around 9-10.  You have about 4 naps a day.  They usually last about an hour each, but there have been a handful of 2-3 hour naps.  Those are productive days for me!



 I started trying out your crib this month.  I'll rock you to sleep in the rocking chair for one of your daytime naps, then set you in the crib.  Sometimes you last 30 seconds and the longest you've gone is an hour.  You sleep the best in your mama's arms.

Our days mostly consist of hanging out at our house.  We get in backyard time each day.  You like to lounge naked in your bouncer.  You like to nap outside too.



Your favorite way to be held by daddy is horizontal with your head in the crook of his left arm with your face looking out.  He has tried others, but you insist on this position.  You love to lay upright, over my shoulder with me.



We have ventured out some too.  We have gone to 3 more Santa Monica Pier Thursday night concerts. These have become our little family tradition.  You are so well behaved at these concerts.  You sit there wide eyed on our laps taking everything in, and quietly fall asleep in our arms when you've had enough. Loud music seems to be very soothing for you.  Your favorite record is the Black Keys Thickfreakness.  It calms you down when you are fussy.  I have even put the Black Keys Pandora Radio Station on in your nursery during nap time.  You're a rock and roll chick.



We have gone on some errands and have met up with the Mama Tribe and their babes.  We went to the Farmer's Market.  We hosted friends at our house for Indian Taco Tuesday. We even went to the Pier for a nursing flash mob that was being filmed for the documentary "Bottled Up".  We might even be shown in the documentary!   When we run errands you do pretty well in the wrap.  You are a little fickle about your car seat.  Sometimes you fall right asleep and sometimes you cry the entire ride.  You had your first poolside experience yesterday.  The water was too cold so you slept on daddy in your bathing suit and sun hat in the shade.


 You are so alert and love to look at the world around you.  I can now entertain you with your toys/rattles.  You LOVE to look at your headbands that hang on a hook above your changing table.  You smile and LAUGH at them.  They are your best friends it seems.   You also love the monkey rattle that hangs above the changing table.  You have even GRABBED his tail a time or two.



I love that you smile back at us now.  It is reassuring that we are making you happy and my love for you explodes every time I see your gummy grin.  It is the best.

We started cloth diapers this month, and we love them!  You certainly will let us know when you need changed, so sometimes I feel like I am constantly changing diapers.  You look so cute in the covers too!





We went to Colorado for a weekend where you had a lot of firsts!  First flight, wedding, rainstorm, and hailstorm.  You met cousins Liz and Cameron and your second cousin, Hazel.  You were a great flight companion and slept the whole time.






I would not say life is easier this month, but we are learning how to manage life with a baby.  Each day just gets better and better.  You are a sweet little nugget and I feel so lucky that my priority in life is to love you everyday.

We love you,
Mama and Dada


1 comment:

lauren and brad said...

I am crying. I can't stand her cuteness. I literally can't stand it. I can't decide who she looks like. One pic she looks exactly like you and then the next she looks exactly like Jess. One thing is for certain...she is absolutely gorgeous. I love her so much. I'm so happy you have this blog. Even though I recognized a lot of those pics, it is so fun to see them again. Plus...the monthly pics in the rocking chair are AWESOME! Way to go sis!!! I just love my little b.