Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Family-of-3-Moon: Ojai, CA

We considered a baby moon #2 for the new baby (leaving B behind)…but after giving it some thought, we found it important to celebrate our family as it is right now…as a family of 3.  Plus, besides a camping weekend and a couple of Huck Finn festivals, we have never taken a family vacation just the 3 of us.  So we headed to Ojai, CA for a weekend full of relaxing, eating, and loving on each other just the way we are.  
First road trip in the new car!  It was great!  

It's always a great start to a road trip when you get to watch the sun set into the Pacific while driving north on the PCH.  After about a 2 hour drive…we arrived!  We checked into our wonderful Bed and Breakfast cottage at the Lavender Inn, had a tickling session on the bed, walked around in awe that this was going to be our house for the next 2 days, and took a short walk to a Mexican restaurant for dinner.   We stopped by the fountain in the park so Breckin could throw change in and make wishes.  

Dinner was delicious and we shared a fried cheesecake for dessert.  We walked back to the cottage, got our PJs on, lit a fire, and snuggled up while watching some TV until we fell asleep. 

We woke up slowly and jess went to get us coffee. We had our own private yard that we enjoyed and watched a little College Game Day.  At 9, we headed out to the shared yard where we had a sweet table all to ourselves and enjoyed a yummy breakfast in our PJs.  Breckin shrieked with joy and ran around the yard entertaining the rest of the guests.  You'd think she had never been outside before!  She was chasing butterflies and laying in the hammock being cute as can be. 



After breakfast, we got ready to explore the town and go to the park.  We did a little shopping, went to lunch, and took lots of pics. 











That evening (before the OSU/Baylor game…that we should have just skipped) we headed up to Meditation Mount.  A 10 minute drive just outside of town through some storybook farmland.  My yogi  friend told me about it and I thought it was a perfect place to help me get my mind right before this baby comes. 

It was a beautiful place.  Just breathing the air felt sacred.  You could feel that the space had been used for meditation for years and it gave you goosebumps.  









Jess and B left me at the "viewpoint" where several people were sitting in silence and meditating.  I did my favorite alternate nostril breathing mediation and repeated the mantra "I am beautiful, I am bountiful, I am blissful".  After about 15 minutes I heard my sweet B's voice break the golden silence of meditators "HEY MAMA! YOU SITTING ON THAT BENCH?"  Yes, B, I am sitting on a bench. 


















B having a contemplative moment











Ojai is known for their pixie tangerines and these trees were everywhere!  It smelled so so so good! 







We headed back to catch the OSU/Baylor game. (boo)  We went to a bar to pick up some dinner and B made friends with this statue. 


A baby!  In a bar!  



Selfie.  
We watched the cowboys get beat and then watched TCU go for two (what?!).  Drank hot coco and took a bath.  It was a great day. 

Sunday morning was a lot like Saturday morning.  Nice and slow while enjoying coffee.  Breakfast in the yard at 9.  Then Jess took B to the park while I got a prenatal massage from the most wonderful Russian woman.  We walked through the farmer's market which looked like it was right out of a movie.  I bought a Sage bundle to cleanse the house when I go into labor.  We perused a toy store and Breckin got some marbles b/c she had been playing with the marbles at the Bed and Breakfast.  Then we packed up and headed home.  

I love my family of 3 but I sure am excited to for my family of 4.  


No comments: