Tuesday, September 12, 2017

18 Month Letter

Dearest (unfortunately, in this case, second born) Jude,
The Grateful Dead once said "Summer's gone, my oh my..." and that is exactly how this summer went! Busy and fun.  But I haven't been able to glance up (or take a breath) from all our fine times until now...and I am 3 months behind on your letters, so you are actually 20 months old at the moment.   Being a second born child myself, I never wanted to scrimp on these letters for my sweet boy.  It is a good thing a picture says 1000 words because your momma takes lots of pics.  We have grown so much as a family this summer.  I feel more complete than ever before and I love us so much.  The past year and a half have a been transformative for everybody.  There have been lots of growing pains but I see us all coming out even better than before.  Transformed.  (which is the tattoo I'm thinking about getting in your honor).  As I sit here typing you are napping on my lap which is still the best place you sleep.  You love your mommy with a passion.  You also fight and cry and scream with that same passion.  You are my highly emotional boy.  When you are happy your smile could literally pop right of your face you stretch it so wide.  People always marvel at your wonderful smile.  You can thank your Gaga (namesake) for that grin...it looks just like hers!  When you are mad, you stretch your lips into the widest "O" and can cry/shriek with the best of them.  But then you become my lover boy again, suffocating me with your sweet open mouth kisses, or hugging me tight and then giving me a sweet pat on the back. You are running, climbing, scootering, throwing, catching, shooting, and kicking.  You are a definite south paw and we think it is pretty weird that you, ben and des (3 boy cousins) are all lefties.  (and both uncle brads...and Felix I think!)  You love all things trucks and trains right now. You will point out every car on the road or in a parking lot shouting and pointing "Ma! Ma! Ma!" as if I'll miss one.  Your favorite foods are strawberries, avocado, french fries, beans and chocolate. You love the beach, park, farm, playing with friends/cousins/sister, cars, trains, swimming, boat rides, the lake, your grandparents, the park, and stroller rides.  You are obsessed with your sister.  She can make you laugh and cry.  You are constantly wanting to do what she is doing.  You think she has the coolest ideas.  If you are not irritating each other, you are the best of friends.

You are our snuggle buddy and the sweetest boy.  Thank you for adding so much joy, fun and adventure to our lives little man!  And now...let the summer in pictures commence.
love,
Mama




18 Month In Pictures


























































No comments: