Thursday, March 08, 2007

Deal or No Deal

Whew! what a week this has been. My 3 interviews were more than exhausting, but they're over now! Monday with St. Matthew's went great, and they practically offered me the job on the spot! I wanted to complete the rest of my interviews with an open mind, and I did. Don't even want to talk about Winward on tuesday. they were weirdos. Wednesday was at Upper Brentwood and I absolutely loved it! that is what brings me to my current dilemma...St. matthews is pressuring me to know if I want to work there by Tuesday. and although I think I would be more than happy to work there (its my new second choice) I felt right at home at Brentwood. plus, brentwood is a high school, which I like. All the other schools seem to be in no hurry to hire someone, so I don't think I'll hear back from them before tuesday. But what if I turn down the st. matthews job in hopes of the brentwood job and then end up jobless!! arg. i feel like I'm on deal or no deal, and I should just take the deal and quit being greedy! What to do! After this stressfulness, Jess took me out for sushi last night (this is big news b/c jess "hates" sushi) hates is in "" b/c turns out he loves it! this is a break through b/c I can hardly ever get him to branch out.

On another note, tennis is going spectacular! The team is up to 11 players (5 girls, 6 boys). we had 3 practices this week and I am really enjoying getting outside and the kids couldn't be sweeter. Our first match is Friday the 16th.

Now for the best news ever....We get to move into the awesome santa monica apartment on April 1st!!!! This is the day we've been dreaming about. We are so ready to get out of this fire siren hearin, LA dust covered, can't get the floors clean, foot stompin upstairs neighbors, car alarm every five seconds, loudest dump truck ever heard at 4:00 in the morning, too far from everything APARTMENT!! HIP HIP HURRAY! Now we can start letting people come visit us :)

Go Cowboys! I'm smellin a turn around!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So proud of my little cuz. And yes kelvin was cool once, and no i dont like denim and red ties. Eddie is cooler though.

Anonymous said...

ok. so many things. great analogy with deal or no deal. totally see it. and even if you don't agree, i still think there WILL be a sign to show you which job to take. when i got offered two jobs in one day and had no idea what to decide there was an ice storm for a week that delayed me having to make a decision until i knew. so...no ice storms in l.a. i am sure, but you will get something!
second. way to go jess. i am so glad the burger king allowed himself to surrender to something other than cow.
third. i can't believe you are a tennis coach. i mean, i think that is probably the cutest thing ever. we are so proud.
fourth. canNOT wait to see the new place! hooray for living in the "good parts" of LA county!
fifth. sad, sad, sad, news that we lost last night to texASS. man. it sucked. there were SO many cowboy fans there...it was so much fun. i just hope KU kicks there boo-tays today.
sixth...the saying goes like this:
Leverage says you...I feel a change in the wind says i...***That is so funny you said that b/c brad and i said that ALL week-end RE: basketball! hah. same brain wave. love you!