Isn't that how the 'ol March/spring saying goes? My march definately came in like a lion! what a month. I started coaching on March 1st and its been a whirlwind of life changes ever since, but all really good!! Let me, in lauren and liz fashion, make a list:
1. After interviews galore, and intense contemplation I took a job at St. Matthew's Parish School!! I will be teaching 3 classes (5th-8th grade math), coaching tennis, and doing homework club (not sure what this is yet). I'm so excited!! They have a summer job opportunity that I need to learn more about, but basically I would be teaching 3 classes everyday for 5 weeks over the summer. I will probaly take this job as well if it all works out. Get ahead of the game before fall :) This is a huge weight off my shoulders, and I can't wait until fall! go check it out at www.stmatthewsschool.com
2. My cute little tennis team had their first match against Wildwood yesterday. A "match" in private middle school league play means everyone plays an 8 game pro set. Each team has three single and 3 doubles. All three of my singles players won 8-0! My one and two doubles teams also won big time. My three doubles, which I anticipated, lost badly :) they are still learning the rules and such. So with a score of 5-1 Coach Phelps made her coaching premiere with a big win! Side Note: 2 of my players parents came up to me at the match (one being the CEO / president of Fox Sports) and offered to let the team use their tennis courts...in their backyard!!
3. The same day I landed my job, Jess and I met with our new landlord, Norm, and signed the lease!! We move in April 1st! Norm seems like the nicest guy, and he is one of those good 'ol guys that is full of outlandish, interesting stories. For instance, his family pretty much created hollywood, and all the streets in the town are his families last names. hmmm. Great news for any visitors who want their own place (your always welcome to our air mattress in our tiny apartment): right above our apartment is the coolest apartment (huge kitchen, huge bedroom, huge bathroom, huge living room) that norm uses when he is town, but when he is gone (which is mostly) he said our guests can rent it out!! how cool! So now I am expecting lots of visitors....
4. Jess just finished his work on the movie "Shoot em up" on Wednesday. He jumped right back into work on a cingular commercial. He has been working soooo hard this month, and I'm very proud of him. I just wish I got to see him more. We are going to try to go out and drink some green beer tonight.
5. I started a long term sub job on Thursday for Vistamar High School. It lasts for 2 weeks, and maybe until the end of the year. It is just for one class a day. Precalculus, my favorite.
Thats all I got, or can think of anyway. March has definately been crazy, and I'm hoping the saying holds up and we can have a relaxing end of march :)
peace and carrots.
4 comments:
what a great month! and a great year you are having! we are so proud of you sis. you and jess are really getting everything settled and you are so deserving! enjoy your time at the beach...it will go by so fast.
can't wait to come visit you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe youll become famous! (for coaching that is!)
laney boy...yo mama is so proud of you and all your recent and grand accomplishments..and Jess you amaze me how you hit the LA ground runnin' and haven't stopped yet!!! GOOD JOB GUYS!!!!Can't wait for that stroll down to the beach and give you kisses and hugs...I MISS YOU!!! My neck surgery will be 3 April (2 weeks..yay), then after a short recoup, they will do my back. Perhaps I need to R&R in Santa Monica?!?!?!? I love you sweetie and am so proud to be yo' mama & I'll talk to you soon.xoxoxo
oh, come onnnnnnnn. where is the update. i know you are a busy workin' girl and all, but seriously. i am dying here.
Post a Comment