
Jess and I just got back (6 days ago) from the musical experience of a lifetime...WAKARUSA! This was my second year and jess's third year (we like music). For all of you who are unaware, wakarusa is 4 days of music and camping in a field, by a lake, just outside of lawrence, kansas (in wakarusa). Wakarusa is Indian for "Ass Deep", so you could say we were "ass deep" in music for four days. There are 5 stages, where over 100 bands make an appearance from 12:00 pm til 4 in the morning. We had so much fun! The weather was awesome (not too hot) AND we got to see an awesome thunder/lightning storm which you just don't get enough of (actually none at all) in southern california.
We did it right this year and went VIP. (that's just not a clever name...we're pretty important). That means free beer (fat tire and skinny dip..mmmm..) and 2 catered meals a day! plus...bomb campsites right next to the main stage, and front row to every show! We were like royality (no pun intended). We went all out since we've been saving and looking forward to this wakarusa since last year's wakarusa. I will post pics later! This year we got a chance to see Widespread Panic, Little Feat, Ben Harper, Delta Nove, Martin Sexton, Honkytonk Homeslice, Yonder Mountain String Band, Les Claypool and a lot more that we cant think of right now.
We got back on Monday night and had to hit the ground runnin. Jess started his new movie job (starring Luke Wilson!) on Tuesday, and I had to grade my students final exams and turn in final grades and comments (yes...I have to write a half a page comment on each student...blah) =(
I went to my first faculty meeting a St Matthew's on Thursday, and It got me really excited and nervous for the upcoming school year! I'll be teaching Regular Algebra I, Advanced 7th grade math, Regular 5th grade math, Homework Club (Study hall), and coaching tennis in the spring.
I start teaching summer school a week from tomorrow. That means I have a week to plan what the crap I'm gonna teach. yikes.
Miss Everyone! Sorry if we're hard to get a hold of lately! It's been pretty crazy round here.
5 comments:
seriously. it is about damn time! i have been waiting for this post forever! :) it was so good catching up with you the other night. i miss my sis. :(
glad you had a good time and that you were treated like royalty. :) haha. i like that one.
Pictures! Post pics!
Hard to get ahold of???? That is an understatement!!!!! haha. Glad you had a blast! I miss you and i am ready for you to get your butt home!!!!
How fun but I agree I want pictures!!
Lanerd! I miss you! I wish you lived here, we could do so much cool stuff! I am glad you had fun at Wakarusa! The only person in that mix i had heard of was ben harper. What's the movie jess is working on??? Lauren told me a little story about jess taking you to a steak dinner, I laughed :)
Post a Comment