Sunday, May 27, 2007

We miss the Lake!

We're here to tell ya...there is no substitute for the lake on Memorial Weekend...Not even the Pacific Lake. We've been trying to keep ourselves busy all weekend so we're not too sad that all are friends and family are having the time of their lives at Grand/Eufala Lake. We've done a pretty good job too!

Friday, Jess turned 25 on the 25th (oooohhhh....crazy numbers). He had to work all day while I had the day off. I got him a new pair of rainbow sandals since he lost his, and his present to be is a longboard (a long skateboard...more for cruising as opposed to doing tricks). This way, he can longboard along side of me while I bike.

Friday night, we met up with TJ and Bobby for dinner at an Irish pub in Santa Monica. We then did a little bar hopping and met up with a PA buddy of Jess's from Austin. We had a lot of fun!

Saturday,we had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory thanks to the generous donation from the parents of my tennis team ($100 to Cheesecake factory, $50 to AMC, and $25 to Starbucks!) we met my friend from O-state, Cassie, and her boyfriend at the LA Zoo. They live right down the street from the zoo so they have a season pass and they gave us free guest passes (thanks guys!) I hadn't been to a zoo in years, and we had so much fun! The orangutanes were the best.

Saturday night, we saw Spiderman III. It was ooookay. kinda of weird when spiderman went all emo.

Today we got up and headed to REI to buy a tent for Wakarusa!! We got the last one (see pic below) that was on sale! It is so cool, and both Jess and I can actually stand up in it without hitting our heads. We then went for lunch on the 3rd street promenade at a cafe, and had HORRIBLE service. We complained and they gave us 50% off our meal. Next stop was anthropologie (only my favorite store) We got my mommy some more bowls for the lake house, and a $130 dollar pillow for our couch that was on sale for $20!

Then we went to a record store so Jess could spend some of his birthday money. He got a Led Zeppelin album and a Steve Winwood album. Now we're are just going to sit back and take the rest of the weekend easy (we just rented 3 movies. yay!) Happy Memorial Weekend everybody!


These were weird, lean, short, skinny, girraffe type animals

The flamingos!

The mama and baby orangutanes were so smart! The mom got a stick and stuck it through the fence to snag a flower to eat. it was amazing! The baby was freakin cute!

Happy birthday, Jess!

Jess, TJ, Bobby, and Lane (the spades quartet)


The cutest, little Black Bear at the zoo. He just sat on his bottom and checked everybody out

our new tent!

5 comments:

candy hammond said...

Dont worry, it was another rainy memorial day!!! But we did miss you!!! Sounds like you had a pretty good thime though! I love the zoo. Happy Birthday Jess, you old man!!!!

Unknown said...

The lake missed you too! I just know it did!

lauren and brad said...

we missed you sissy! it was rainy and lonely without you. happy birthday to jess. i am totally diggin' the sweatshirt...isn't it dad's?
call soon so i can tell you stories about the wedding in florida. i miss you.

lizcannon said...

Dude, I missed you a lot this weekend. But it was the weekend after mem. day. I got to see your fat sister too! Anyway, I was stuck working mem. day so don't feel so bad. Geez Jess you are an old man. I will post later about our trip to OK.

lauren and brad said...

ok. seriously, liz has got to stop calling me fat. it is just out of hand. secondly, you do know that it is june now...a new month...time for another blog. anytime now. i'll be waiting.