Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Southern roots.

My southern roots came out last weeks when I started to crave a down home southern cooked meal. Well, you can't get these in california, so my culinary skills were put to the test. I made homemade fried okra, chicken fried steak, gravy, and mash potatoes. I was pleasantly surprised with how good the results were, and it wasn't that hard! Southern women and southern cookin' is the best, ya'll.


This isn't the most glamorous pic, but, trust me, it looked and tasted scrumptious.

10 comments:

lauren and brad said...

YUMMY! Will you make that same exact dinner when you stay with me??? The baby NEEDS it! :)
p.s. is chicken fried steak hard to make? we've never made it. it's the essential mourning meal that people bring you when someone dies...but i've never actually cooked it. hmmmmm. deep thought.

Lane Adair said...

It's super easy!! the hard part is getting the right kind of steak at the market. but you cook it just like the fried okra!

lauren and brad said...

sorry i was a poopoo last night. i felt like crap. brad called at 10. i woke up and i was on the phone with him?!?! i'm a little nervous because i don't think i was a very sweet wife. :(
i can't wait to see you in one week! you will get to feel the baby kick! :)

Unknown said...

So... I just read your blog and caught up on your fab life. So...it is no life in the OC (Oklahoma City that is) but it will do. :)

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU FRIEND! I need some Lane in my life pronto!

Anonymous said...

YUMMY! Will you make that same exact dinner when you stay with ME??? The MOMMY needs it:)
p.s. I cannot wait to see my baby sissy's sweet face!
Am reading an article in Lo's Parenting mag about how to deal with stubborn children. hmm... i.e. beat the almost crap out of them, but leave a little so they grow up to be smart, beautiful, successful and very, very cool...hmm...I love you.
Does Jess know how to write?? would love to hear from HIM, too! love you guys, ma

Anonymous said...

COKE rots teeth.

Anonymous said...

o.k. - i did what you nsaid and it worked - but there should be a quicker way for your space to id me- you never cooked for us back in the day!!! now you can move in and be our chef - so proud of you

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lizcannon said...

every comment cracks me up! i forgot to say that when jess said "it's almost as cool as AIDS" i snorted at work :). Make me that meal, i have no reason, but I NEED IT badly....

sushi den tonight... jealous?

candy hammond said...

YUMMY!!!!!!