Friday, July 06, 2007

Maggie's visit slash fourth of july

Hi all! I love visitors so everyone plan a trip to see me! this blog is a glimpse of all the fun we could have. Maggie...one of my bff's from Oklahoma State and a roommate for a year at the beloved pi beta house....came into town for a wedding of one of her childhood friends (who is marrying the bass player from phantom planet..awesome). She got here Sunday and we had lots of fun.

We went down to the beach as soon as she arrived and we both got suuuuuun buuuuurrrrned. Then it was off to the best place ever to eat, Musha's in Santa Monica. We met up with Stephanie, a friend of Maggie's that also lives in santa Monica (I got her digits...yay for friends) We had oh so much fun, but forgot to take pictures! sorry! We then headed back to our casa for some card games. our friend bobby came over, and so did a jenks buddy of jess's who was in from san diego. our little house was packed!



I had to work while maggie was here which was a bummer but I'm done by 12:00, so no big deal. On Monday, we decided to go for a bike ride down to Venice and do a little people watching and shopping. Maggie took my bike and I hopped on this rusted beach cruiser that jess found on the side of I-10 a couple of weeks ago.



The tires are in perfect condition, the body is just totally rusted out! we're gonna give it a spray paint job soon. The little "ding ding" bike bell even works, as does the rusty basket.

We biked all over the place! we estimated at least 12 miles! we also bought some really cute things. I got my nephew the cutest thing but I cannot reveal it on this blog. Towards the end we had to stop at the celebrity hang out "Pinkberry" for some fro-yo (thats slang for frozen yogurt). It tastes just like Lemon Ice (you know...like we use to get at Frontier City) So you're not missing out on much. We then headed home, ate some healthy choice frozen dinners, watched Life Aquatic, and passed out by 9!!


Eating lunch mid bike ride at "back on the beach cafe" (doesn't it look like I'm wearing a leotard!!)


Maggie bein' Maggie


Maggie on the Venice beach "board"walk (I tried to get a crazily dressed man in the pic...you can sorta see him on his bike in the background)


Tuesday we headed to Melrose in Hollywood. We tried to have lunch at Pink's hot dogs but it was a 2 hour wait! We opted for In-N-out burger instead. We met our friend Cassie (also a Pi Phi at O-State) and did a little window shopping. We then went to the most awesomest ice cream parlor ever called Scoops. The guy makes all these crazy flavors and supposedly never makes the same flavor twice. I had blueberry honey and it was amazing. I also sampled Bacon-Caramel...which was...interesting. Really tasted like bacon. Cassie has had the Beer flavor here as well. it was fun. We then went home to get ready for our fun filled evening: A night at the Laugh Factory on the Sunset Strip! I've never been to a live comedy show and it was so fun (I don't really count sunday night's Brew-Ha-Ha at the REd fish in boulder) The guy that was suppose to headline was some no name that did Tourgasm with Dane Cook, but we were still excited. Turns out this guy didn't even show up! There was a really funny persian guy, a really funny Indian guy (dot not feather), and then guess who saunters on to the stage...A surprise appearance from Dane Cook!!! it was great. after dane cook was another surprise...Dom Irrera! I love comedy shows!



We had apps and drinks at Barney's Beanery before the show



With Dane Cook!! (Who freakishly resembles my friend kendra's husband, blaine)

Both Jess and I had the fourth of July off work, and we just lounged all day. I took Maggie to meet up with her family at the hotel, and Ricky and Cassie came over for a BBQ. We had a feast: corn, zuchinni, squash, burgers, dogs, beans, chili, and cupcakes! Then we played spades until Cassie had to go to work (the night shift..eww). TJ came over and watched Igby Goes Down with us, and I could barely keep my eyes open! I'm looking forward to some R and R over the weekend!


playing spades


Cassie and Ricky and their nervous "first picture as a couple" pose (they've been together for 2 years)

4 comments:

lizcannon said...

Awwww yeah! I love pics so mucho!

Y'all are the coolest couple ever, going to all these cool thing with famous people!!!

Come here, we'll show you famous people?

I am glad you had fun cous!

lauren and brad said...

i love when you blog sissy! i miss you so much. cute pics. so glad maggie visited. she is fun. and cute. you are sooooo skinny these days. you look beautiful! counting down until your visit! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

you kids quit havin' fun.
love and miss you.
cannot wait til august rolls around.
we missed you on the fourth. WE rocked out too. Ate cereal and watched dad"s new ginormous screen.
xxx's & ooo's.
p.s. you and mags look like famous people.
you and mags ARE famous people!!!

Anonymous said...

jess...bike's too cool. don't paint it (unless you want shine-in-the dark pink)!:D