Well, I have all these great pics to share, and blogger is not cooperating!! Maybe later this week.
After a stressful couple of weeks at work, I got to let loose Friday with my Faculty advisor (Bobbie) , co-math teacher (Robin), and Robin's kids who are a hoot! (2nd grader-Jaime and 4th grader-Zack) We went to the Library Ale House in Santa Monica, which reminds me alot of my favorite place in Boulder, Mountain Sun. We had some good brews and kept cracking jokes about how Friday was Dooms Day for me (whether or not I stay hired or get fired). Well, I'm still a teacher at St. Matthews, so I guess it was a good day! Jaime kept cracking us up saying how she wished I was her mom and Robin was her Step-mom. She really wanted me to sleep over at their house and sleep in her bunk beds. Zack had kept saying all day that he was jealous that his mom got to hang out with Ms. Phelps that night (the kids weren't suppose to come). Then at dinner, he whispers in Robin's ear (be sure you tell Ms. Phelps what I said earlier.) How cute! Zack is a Sooner fan who I've been working on converting since I've found out. He told me Friday that he wants an Oklahoma State jersey! yay!
Jess's parents came out Wednesday-Sunday and have been staying in the kick ass apartment right above ours! It was so nice pretending that we had family for upstair neighbors. (come stay with us...only $100 a night for this awesome place...that is cheaper than any motel you'll find in Santa monica!) Wednesday Night we got to take them to our favorite place....MUSHA! They didn't have much of a vacation because as soon as they got here they got to work on making our little yard B-E-A-Utiful! There was a little brick path that wasn't quite finished, and Jim completely finished it, along with making us a little brick patio to the side where we can put a table. Jess spent all day Friday putting in Sod so now we even have a little yard (the grass we were planting kept dieing). They even bought 4 beautiful flowery shrubs, a new hose, and a new grill/smoker! On Saturday we lounged around and watched KU win/listened to OSU win. How awesome!. Then we went shopping for a patio table. We found the most beautiful torquise/metal table and I love it! We don't have matching chairs yet but it is still awesome. We then celebrated Janet's birthday/the yard being beautified by grilling out steaks, corn, veggies, and baked potatoes. I got to use my place mats and napkins for the first time. I have some great pics of the renovation that I can hopefully put on here soon!
Since last time, I got to go home for my sis's baby shower. I traveled all the way to OK and forgot her gift on my couch in LA. How lame. It was so fun, though, and she got so much stuff! I got to see mom, dad, gram, lo, brad, sus, chris, candy, shane, debbie, carol and a list of other people that I don't get to see enough!
My BBFF (boulder best friend forever), Eric, is coming to visit this week. yay!
7 comments:
hooray! i am so happy you still have a job, you have awesome in-laws, you have a "dining area" plus a yard, you got to come home to see me, and that you are my sister.
i love you.
sounds like you got to releive some stresses! i love you laner!
i'm proud of my baby...the yard sounds gorgeous!!!call me..maybe i can help with chairs for the table??go ahead and get your plane ticket for t'giving/baby schatz' birth/hangin' w/ the fam...etc... so you'll get a good flight(do it like last time). do you realize t'giving is on the 22nd this year? now if only axle cooperates, you'll be here for his birth!!!!this is just all too much for this old woman!
i love you laney-bop...jess too.
go pokes/hawks!!!what a great weekend of football! keep on keepin' on....xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
why would you get fired fridays???
Maybe if baby schat comes super early (like nov 9-12) you can fly out there, and then i can see you too!!!!
Not coming home for thanks, gotta work.
Your friends sound cool!
Also, what great in-laws!
i am so proud of you on working with your bosses and in-laws - you are the greatest - stay out of the fires
I can't wait to see pics! Isn't it fun to have other people help do your yard work :)
show us pictures of your yard...as long as it didn't burn up.
i miss you.
Post a Comment