Monday, October 01, 2007

here's to being a slacker!

Wow! almost a whole month without posting. I believe I shall make a list:

1. Today marks the 2 year first date-aversary for jess and I. We shall celebrate by going to a late, late dinner (if jess gets here before midnight!)

2. school has been so hectic but so good at the same time! I love it. I'm telling you that teaching is probably the hardest job ever. I'll fight that statement to the death. pay us more!

3. The math department sponsored a field trip for the math teachers to go to a Dodgers game! I don't think Teachers drinking beer and getting into shenanigans would fly anywhere but California. It's good to be on the left coast.

4. Famous people update (all from my school): Tom and Rita came to open house, Ted Mcginnley (his kids in 7th grade, you may remember him as the hot next door neighbor husband on Married with children, revenge of the nerds, or Waynes World 2...awesome), haven't met him yet, but I have the son of the Producer of The Departed and Blood Diamond in my 5th grade class. Wowsers.

5. My work is so awesome and they treat us so good. At the faculty meeting tonight everybody got 2 free movie passes to any AMC theater. just for being so awesome. I think we'll go see Across the Universe. (any reviews??)

6. I got to spend 2 weekends in a row in OK!! both for weddings. jess's sis got married in Tulsa, and it was GORGEOUS! My good buddy from the nolia got married last weekend. It was everything a country, seminole wedding could ever be, and I had an awesome time! I also got to see the fam, which is never a dull moment. Mama J gets her battery pump off soon! hurray! She is such a strong woman.

7. My sis is about to pop. I just can't wait any longer for my nephew! I get to come to one of her many baby showers in a couple of weeks. I love OK trips.

8. CU buffs beat OU saturday. just in case you missed it.

9. Mike Gundy has made me semi famous at school.

10. just wanted to make it a nice even 10. You'll have to wait for pics from all this debauchary til later. Back to work!

4 comments:

lauren and brad said...

have you got your ticket yet? it's the 13th. or you can come to homecoming and come to the shower that sunday the 21st...whatever.

i am NOT about to pop...i've still got 8 very long weeks. at least i hope they are long. i'm not quite ready! :)

candy hammond said...

Congrats for the anniversary!!!! WOOO HOOO that you get to come home for the shower! We are going to have some serious issues if you dont start answering that phone of yours or start returning your calls : )

lizcannon said...

Lane, you're so cool!!! I bet that's a cool thing when you know famous people by their FIRST names :)!!! And tell them what to teach their kids and what-not!!!

Congrats on 2 years, that's a long time!!!

Any rings anytime soon???

I wish I could go to the showers :(
are you getting lots of good auntie stuff from cali?!?!?!?!

PS LO: you are about to pop, i agree with lane

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS LANE & JESS!!!!!
Much happiness in the third!
luv u ma, K's & H's