Monday, August 27, 2007

no more coolness

Today is Monday and my last day of freedom. Tomorrow is my official start day at St. Matthew's. I'm getting really nervous for some reason! I feel like I'm going to get in the classroom and not have a clue whats going on, even though I've done it before. The kids don't come til September 5th, so I have a week to think about it, I guess. The cable guy came today (since it's football season, we decided we better splurge!) but the dang thing hasn't worked right yet. It keeps losing signal for some reason. Jess's dad came to visit this weekend, and they headed to Vegas for Eric's (Jess's future Brother in law) bachelor party. While I was home alone, I lugged out our desk we had in our "dining room" (in quotes, b/c a table would not fit in this corner, no way) and I but together some pretty cool shelves to take its place. It really opened up our tiny apartment. I made a Simpson character of the shark:


How cute! He's doing his famous "ha ha ha" laugh that he does before a picture ;)

4 comments:

lizcannon said...

i love mark the shark!

will you come re-arrange my house?

good luck miss phelps!

lauren and brad said...

you are gonna be such a great teacher! don't be nervous!

the only part of the simpson guy that looks like dad is the laugh...the rest of him looks like flanders.

we miss you.

Daddy said...

it is better than i thought it would be - go teach them up cowboy style!!

lauren and brad said...

how has your first week been going? i bet they love you!!!!