Friday, August 17, 2007

coolness

On my long, lonely days while jess is at work, you can usually find me down at the beach. This is where I was today. I don't usually go in the water A) it's COLD and B) There is a whole other world under the ocean just waiting to brush up or suction on to your legs. Today was so hot that I had to get some relief. I'm about shoulder deep, and the ladies swimming about 10 feet from me say "Don't be scared if you see a 2-3 foot fish swimming around you. It's just a leopard shark. There's a ton of them swimming around here". I immediately haul balls out of the water. So much for my braveness. BUT THEN, not even 10 minutes later, as I'm safe and sound on my towel, a group of dolphins, about 7-8, swim by SO CLOSE to shore. if I had stayed where I was in the water I could have jumped on one for a ride. IT WAS SO COOL. You see these kinds of things at the zoo and such, but to see a creature like that in its natural habitat was so awesome. I just had to tell someone.

2 comments:

lauren and brad said...

you are cool.

i too am totally freaked by underwater sealife. ew.

i like the i-chat thing!

ma is doing ok. her neck looks so so wierd.

love you.

lizcannon said...

why does it look weird?