The championship tennis team minus 3. All 8th graders!
Did I mention there are only 4 weeks of school left? I'm so ready. Between now and then I will be heading to Arkansas for Carrie and Trent's wedding. yay! and going to Okie-ville the weekend of June 8th for Ben's dedication. yay!
Jess and I are planning a month long road trip set to begin July 1st. We will be going through the Northwest of the U.S., hitting up the High Sierra Music Festival in Quincy, CA, landing in Boulder for a few days, going to OK for at least a week!, then heading back through Scottsdale...lake havasu...then gambling what is left of our savings away in vegas. We are going to camp as much as we can. We are so excited!
So, that is what is in the works most recently...but so much has happened since last time. It seems to be a cycle i have going on.
1. Spring Break '08 was full of excitement. My parents, Lo, and Ben got to visit for a few days. They had never seen my life in Cali yet, and it was so fun to show them around. plus...ben got to see the ocean for the first time!
After the fam left, Candy came for a WHOLE week! We got into our usual shenanigans and had a blast. These include: a trip to the comedy club, biking to venice, and checking out a dodger game.
Biking home on the beach at sunset. perfect. Candy just got a tattoo in Venice!
Like mother, like son. Sleepy McSleepersons.
2. After spring break it was back to work in full force. Tennis season was going strong and the math department took a trip to Salt Lake City for the National Math Conference. Salt Lake City is pretty dull, but we had a great time. We went to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir...went antiquing...and explored Park City.
The Mormon Temple.
Our fantabulous hotel. and the rockies.
The Mormon Tabernackle Choir. Check out that organ!
3. Jess has been super busy working on a Lexus commercial (for the past month!), an ESPN commercial, and a preview for "Saving Grace" on TNT.
4. Jess and I took a saturday to finish the final touches on our bedroom. We went out and got blank canvasses and picked out several watercolors, and spent all night painting...these were the results. We're definately not artists, but it was fun!
Can you guess who made which??
5. We celebrated earth day at the Green Apple music festival on the Santa Monica Pier...we saw Ziggy Marley, Taj Mahal, Juliette (lewis) and the licks...and others. It was fun, and we got soooo sunburned!
Jess with hair (he just chopped it all off!) at the Green Apple Festival.
Juliette Lewis in the green pants!
6. We put on a shitkickers for a Yonder Mountain String Band show at the House of Blues in Hollywood. They're always a good time.
7. Jess and I went to a Dodgers game last week, and had the best seats EVER. Thank you David...CEO of Fox Sports. perks of the job.
8. I almost forgot! We got to enjoy the Kansas Jayhawks winning the national championship!! how freaking exciting was that! I won second in the school pool. I was one of two faculty (out of about 100 entries) that picked KU to win the title. Everyone picked UCLA for some reason....oh thats right.....I live in LA....
And that about covers it folks. Counting down the days to summer.
6 comments:
It is about dang time you got on here again! Can't wait to see you!
YAY...you're BACK!!!
i want to see a pic of justin t.
aka jess with no hair.
can't wait for june, sis.
love you
yer mommy xoxoxo
its about damn time. i missed my sis.
only 8 more sleeps until i get to love on ya! and your birthday boy.
xoxo
hey hey hey!!!! i pretty much stopped checking your blog b/c i was mad you weren't posting.
A. when will you be here? we
will come visit you in boulder
B. good job coachin those kids!
C. you painted the circle one?
D. what tat did candy get?
E. Miss you & love reading about
your life!
Congrats on the championship! sounds like you've been quite busy :0) Man, that road trip sounds pretty awesome..hope you enjoy it, and maybe I can introduce ya to my wife when ya'll are in Oklahoma..!? Peace!
Personally I think you and Jes should plan a detour to Tejas during your roadtrip! :)
Post a Comment