Sunday, June 01, 2008

A good memorial weekend




conked out =)

brothers from another mother. These 2 are so alike...it's freaky

The timing of this is awesome! I'm actually mid air jumping in front of the camera interrupting the cute pic =)



The bride!

candy and shaners

ohhh the shenanigans




Adam!

The things we do to get that smile




the girls

the view from our lake house

the boys

The last pic of the weekend...going home =(

I am just now posting about the fabulous memorial weekend, because I have just now recovered from it. I LOVE getting to go back to my roots and hang out with the people that really "get" you. The reason for our get together was 2 of my favorite people, Carrie and Trent, were getting married in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. 5 couples (jess and I, Candy and shane, adam and tiff, lacee and josh, tyler and linds) rented a beautiful lake house on beaver lake. There were many good times, AWESOME FOOD, and good laughs.

Jess and i arrived Friday morning in Tulsa. We were suppose to arrive Thursday evening but due to the airlines being brutally awful these days...we didn't make it. We got to hang out with Jess's pops on Friday for a bit, our bag finally arrived in Tulsa (was lost during the awful airport time), and the crew picked us up to head to arkansas...girls in one car...guys in the other.

We made it around 8 o'clock, checked out our amazing digs (lake view...jacuzzi...wrap around deck....game room) and started right where we left off. It is always like that with this crew. We grilled some burgers....with a special ingredient that Jess and I brought from the pacific ocean (inside joke =) ) We caught up til the wee hours of the morning while we Played some intense ping pong and fooseball.

Saturday we were up and at 'em. An incredible breakfast feast was served. The boys put up the horseshoes in the "colliseum" and the girls set out to sun bathe. Lo, Brad, and Ben arrived just in time for the most delicious cooked out meal ever....armadillo eggs, smoked ribs, grilled corn on the cob, veggies, tomatoes and mozzerella, and that is not even the half of it..We ate ourselves silly and settled in for another long night of catching up.

Sunday we were treated to some more down home cookin' with some incredible omelettes. Then it was out to soak up the sun before the big ceremony was to begin (the whole reason we were here!) Lo, Ben and Brad got to hang out all day!

Just as everyone was all pretty and ready to hitch a ride in the limo for the ceremony...DOWNPOUR!! The electricity went out and everyone was soaked from the 2 second run to the car. We arrived at the hotel and they had to bring all the chairs for the wedding inside at the last second (it was an outdoor wedding =( ) It was still gorgeous and Carrie looked BEAUTIFUL!

After the wedding we went back to our home away from home and had a ball. Sunday was also Jess's 26th birthday so we were celebrating him as well (complete with a birthday cake made out of bread, jelly, and a cigerette for a candle...funny story) I am always sad to leave these folks and this time wasn't any different. I'm always depressed for about 2-3 days when I get back.

Then it was back to work for me. I still have a week and a half to go and it is moving in slow motion. It has been so pretty outside and I just want to go to the beach. This weekend I get to go back to Oklahoma for Ben's dedication. It will be a short trip, Friday-Sunday, but well worth it.

3 comments:

lauren and brad said...

what wonderful pics! that one of you and jess with his face pressed up against yours almost made me cry...and i never noticed how much jess and adam look alike! crazy!

it was SO much fun hanging out with you. i can't wait to see you saturday! hooray!

miss you and love you mucho.

candy hammond said...

LOVE IT!

Nana said...

You and Jess make a beautiful couple. WOW! My boy with short hair! WOW! It sounds like a great time. Can't wait to see you both in July! I know how you feel, I go through withdraws when I have to say goodbye to the two of you. Enjoy your summer. First year of teaching OVER!