Sunday, October 19, 2008

A night with Ms. Phelps

My math teacher friend, Robin, and her husband went off to Vegas for the weekend, and they asked if their kids (Zac, 5th grade and Jamie, 3rd grade) could stay Friday night with us. These kids are a riot, so of course I said yes. I was a little nervous...I had never baby sat 2 kids of that age....and I felt like they weren't going to think I was cool anymore after they had stayed with me =)

We had a great time. They came home with me after school at 3:00. We had chips and salsa at my house and played a little Nintendo WII. Jess had invited us to come to his commercial set, but the timing was off...so we ended up not going. We decided to go for dinner at Johnny Rockets and to a glow in the dark mini golf course. The course was really fun and Zac was such a rock star golfer (he was getting into it!) while Jamie was more interested in me teaching her a country line dance. I ended up winning by 2 strokes (no mercy).

By the time we got home, Jess finally arrived. The kids (jess, zac and jamie) played a little more WII and ended the night with The Simpson's Movie.

We got up around 9:00 Saturday morning and walked down to Patrick's Road House for a delicious breakfast. Then I dropped them off at their neighbor's house.

I think it was a success. At least, I still think they think I'm cool. For now.


At Johnny Rockets!

We were playing the spinning nickel game until Jamie knocked her coke over!







Couldn't get the air pump to work =( had to wait for jess to get home!

Jamie was playing photographer, and making me do model poses.

2 comments:

lizcannon said...

good job laner! looks like a night i woulda had fun at! you're so hip and LA like, wish i could visit, maybe in 5 years when cam has a job :)

lauren and brad said...

Of course they think you are cool! How fun! I wish you could keep ben over night! What a treat!

I love Johnny Rockets! and glow golf???? How awesome! I think you did a great job!