When I heard that Lo was due in August, my immediate reaction was "I need to go be with her and do whatever I can do to help". I guess it was my internal aunt/sister instinct. I'm so glad I did!! What an amazing experience to get to be with my sister pre baby and post baby. These are memories I will look back on forever.
Unfortunately, my camera broke mid trip. so not many pics. But pictures would not do the trip justice. We did not do much. Went to Seminole, played with ben, waited on baby, went to the lake, played with ben, waited on baby, went to seminole, played with ben, waited on baby, baby came, played with baby/ben. But the best part about it was the togetherness. The talks. The laughs. The comfortable silences. I miss my family.
Coming back to California was a bag of mixed emotions. I had not seen Jess in a whole month!! That is the longest we'd been apart since we were dating long distance. I was so excited to see him. He surprised with a dinner date at an italian place where you can bring your own wine and there is not a corking fee. I was giddy the whole time and I kept saying "it feels like our first date!" Wednesday and Thursday brought complete laziness and hanging out together. We rented the 2nd season of Californication, the 3rd season of Dexter, Adventureland, and Sunshine Cleaning.
Thursday night we had drinks with our venice friends Justin and Natalie. I had missed them too!!
Today is Friday and I've officially dug my teacher hat from the back of the closet, dusted it off, and put it on today. Did much organizing and actually entered my classroom for the first time since school let out back in June. (I also ralphed this morning for no reason right before I headed to the school....coincidence?? ) I started to tackle getting my classroom organized and decorated, which is the fun part. Official meetings start Tuesday. First Day of School = Sept. 9
Who is ready for some football?
4 comments:
Yeah! A blog!
You already know how I feel about your visit. Ben has asked for you every single day like 100x. The first 2 days I cried everytime he said yay-yay...he must think I'm a freak.
After his nap the day you left, he was looking for you everywhere, and I just had to hold him and bawl my eyes out a little bit more! :(
I too will remember this trip forever. It was awesome!
The date sounds awesome! You've got such a sweet boy...I love you jess!!!! Thank you for making my sis so happy!
And the ralphing. So typical! Of course it isn't a coincidence! :) You've been dreading this day for 3 months...and your pukey tendencies pulled through. :)
Miss you.
I'm so glad I got to see you!! Wish you could have been here to meet Olivia in person but we will save that for next time you are here!
...hey baby..yo'mama misses you so much...am so glad we got an afternoon alone together to catch up...not only since we've last seen each other, but 'previous lifetimes' as well!!...i've always known that i have one cool kid, but i'm totally blown away with how much you've grown..not only emotionly, but wise beyond your years...honey, i am so proud of you and even though i wish we were closer...for everything there is a season..this is the time of your life...so embrace it and know that one day you will be telling your children all about Your previous lifetimes:)....love
tammy just set you up for me!!!!!
Post a Comment