(To the tune of the Spider Man theme)
Breckin Bean
The Beauty Queen
She's the cutest girl I've ever seen!
She can dance
She can sing
She can do most ANYTHING!
LOOK OUT!!! It's Breckin Bean!
You are a moving and a grooving this month! You are still army crawling like a champ. You move so fast! Especially when you are on a mission. You focus in on your target and get your elbows pumping and your right foot dug in to give you leverage. It is so funny. Just recently you have started to get up on your knees in a normal crawling position, you'll go an inch, and your legs shoot out straight and you resume an army crawl. I think it is because we have wood floors and you find it easier just to glide on your belly! You also sit on your knees alot now and it is my new favorite thing.
16 pounds, 7 ounces (10th percentile)
29 inches (95th percentile)
We have settled into a more baby led weaning pattern with your eating. For breakfast I will make you some grains/oats and I will sometimes mix apples in with this. We also split an egg. I eat the white and you eat the yolk. You LOVE egg yolk. When you get really excited or happy about something you shake your little body and head back and forth like you are dancing. I call it your happy dance. It makes me laugh every time. You always do this when I break open the egg and you see the yellow inside! For lunch and dinner, I give you little pieces of what I am eating if you are interested. Sometimes I give you a cracker or banana for a snack. Lately you've been eating:
egg yolk (favorite), bread (favorite), cheese (favorite), french fries (favorite), potato, cauliflower, orange, carrots, chicken, ground beef, beans, steak, avocado, banana, rice crackers, bell peppers, noodles.
You have been sleeping very well this month. The routine has stayed the same. dinner (sometimes), bath, jammies, nurse, bed. You have been a healthy girl this month and you do not have signs of another tooth poking through which has helped. You remain at 7 teeth...which is still alot for your age! You still babble a bubba, dada, mama every once in awhile. You like to make silly sounds more. Your gaga makes a clucking noise when you facetime with each other. You try to do this one now. You're not even close to getting it but you think you are, so you do it all the time. Sometimes you will squeal back and forth with us. You have a really high pitched, girly squeal.
You have started doing so much more this month! You discovered your pointer finger and like to use it...although you are not using it for it's namesake yet (pointing...). You can get from you belly to your bottom by pulling up to your knees first then swinging your legs around. Speaking of pulling up, you are pulling up on anything and everything! You pulled up to standing in your crib for the first time. I walked in after your nap and you were just standing there! I proceeded to save you as you tumbled head first out of the crib...we lowered the crib that night. yikes! You pull up on the couch and ottoman constantly and you can "cruise" around. You pull up on my legs, the trash can, toy box, the stroller, Leon, the bath tub...to name a few things. You now wave regularly and you wave with your whole arm by flopping it up and down. You'll wave to daddy when he leaves for work and you'll wave at the phone when he calls us from work. You have even given your daddy and I a kiss on the lips!! Your daddy is bragging because you've kissed him twice and me only once. You can do the sign language for milk but not consistently. You usually do it after you are already nursing. Within 24 hours you started to clap and do "Patty Cake" AND put your arms above your head when I ask "How big is Breckin? So big!". You are officially smarter than Leon.
We celebrated your first Valentine's Day by cuddling all day and making daddy an art project. You rode in a boat on the Pacific Ocean for the first time when we spent the day/night in Newport Beach with the Charbs. You also got into a swimming pool while we were there and you loved it! Water bug! We went on another hike this month. We got you a cool backpack that daddy wears and you can ride around on his back! You fell asleep in this on our hike for about an hour!
Your hair is slowly filling in and you have the cutest little curls behind your ears. It looks to be a brownish strawberry blonde color. Your eyes are still mostly blue but could be going hazel/green. I just want to swim in your eyes, I love them so much. You are long and lean, but you are getting more of a "kid" body. You are getting shoulders and kid feet/hands already! I think it is all the moving around. When you nurse laying next to me you always dig your toes into me. This is just like your aunt Lolo!!
We spend our days lounging in the backyard, going to meditation/yoga class, having playdates, going for walks, playing with your toys, going to the beach, shopping at the farmers market/grocery store, and cooking. You are the best little sidekick around.
We love you Beanie Boo!
Love, Mommy and Daddy
We love you Beanie Boo!
Love, Mommy and Daddy









































No comments:
Post a Comment