Friday, May 23, 2014

Isla Ennis is here!

We had dinner at the Charbs on Saturday:

Isla arrived on Tuesday! B and I went to meet her in Wednesday. She was born at UCLA Santa Monica (same as B). We had not been back there since Breckin was born, and it was pretty weird walking through those same halls I had walked last year 36 hours into labor!! The walk to labor/delivery is actually not as far as I remember it being!! I laughed out loud as I walked past security because it brought back the funny image of me waddling by security as fast as I could this time last year, having crazy contractions, and them immediately getting on their phones to labor/delivery warning them of my arrival! And then, I had another chuckle to myself as I got on the elevator. I was reminded of when I got on during labor and other people actually got on with us! I was trying so hard to play it cool and act like I wasn't dying. THEN...You know when you get in an elevator to go UP and the elevator goes DOWN instead? Well, that happened too!! I remember actually laughing about that in the moment even though I wanted to cry :). 

The walk down memory lane continued as we entered Isla and Natalie's room and one of my favorite nurses was in there! She remembered us and couldn't believe it has been almost a year. Me neither.

Isla is so wonderful, tiny, sweet, precious, beautiful and has a head full of amazing dark hair.  It is naturally styled in a faux hawk.  She is getting the nursing thing and mama and baby are so in love with each other. I got to hold one day old Isla for a few minutes but she quickly got mad that I took her from mama.  Everyone is healthy and happy! We are so happy she has arrived! 

No comments: