Friday, July 18, 2014

6.11.2014

Yes, yes.  I just wrote B's 13 month letter, but I never posted pics of her birthday day.

We started the day at St. Matthew's graduation.  My 7th graders from last year were graduating!  It was so nice to see everybody and to not be in charge of keeping a bunch of 7th graders quiet and on task!  We sat in the back on some picnic tables.  B was flirting and loving all the attention.



We went grocery shopping for her party (aka…gather to watch B eat her first piece of cake) that evening.  Frozen pizza, beer, and most importantly, cake mix and icing!   B fell asleep on the way to the store.  I got emotional and had to snap a shot of my sleeping, angelic, one year old nugget
                                                 
Once we got everything ready for the party, we put on B's birthday outfit and the her special flower crown I made her for her special day.  The pictures tell the story. Little B was not fond of the special flower crown.  Her mean mama made her pose for pics anyway.


 June 11, 2013 + June 11, 2014
A zoomed in look at this pic and you will see her sad tear 
 "must I wear this crown of thorns, mother?!"





After the photo shoot, we put finishing touches on the decorations and waited for our party guests! 
 
We made banners from a bunch of instagram photos I had taken over the year. 
 A purple cake with a pearl trim for our Pearl Girl. (Pearl is her birthstone)  The candle is the same candle that was in my cake when I was one!  Thanks GAGA for holding on to this for 30 years! 

Guests got a cupcake with a pearl




Isla's first party!  



B loves her Isla! 




 Daddy broke the wick off the candle when he went to light it, but we pretended and sang Happy Birthday.  B did not know what to think of the whole ordeal.  She finally, very carefully, stuck her hand in the icing and had her first taste of sugar.  Her reaction…she cried!  So much for mom's cooking.
 After cake, B opened some presents and we called it a night.  It was an awesome day.  We are so proud of our one year old. 
The next morning, I made eggs and cake for breakfast.  I thought B needed a second shot at this cake thing without all the peer pressure.  She loved it!  





No comments: