Monday, September 08, 2014

Paradise Cove


Well, a lot of changes going on around here. For one, we sold my car, so we are a one car family now. It has been a week,  and we have no regrets. I did shed a few tears as we pulled away from Prudence Bongo Jr. for the last time, but it just makes sense right now for us.  I ordered groceries from Amazon Fresh (genius), bike trailered to a moms group pool party, and stayed close to home most of last week. It actually felt nice not being able to do a bunch of "stuff" b/c I didn't have a car! We are going to see how long we can go with one car before finding me a small SUV of sorts.

Our family car for now is the ford focus hatchback, which we love. It is a stick shift though, and I am rusty! One of my biggest fears about selling my car was having to relearn the stick in LA TRAFFIC.

It's also been a big week in that Jess jumped back into the freelance production manager world and had his first gig back Friday/Saturday.  

So yesterday, I surprised Jess for a change. I dug up some Paradise Cove gift cards from my teaching days. (The owners are a SMPS fam). Paradise Cove is a restaurant nestled into a private cove with a private beach.  Lots of outdoor seating, lounge chairs, beach beds for rent, and one of the few beaches where you can drink legally and openly! (No solo cups needed) it's a true a Malibu/LA landmark. After we watched football, sanded down the future play kitchen, and rested up I drove the family up the PCH to Paradise to eat, drink and lounge on the beach. For dessert, Jess and I shared a watermelon rum drink that was served inside an actual watermelon!! We headed back in time to pull over down the PCH to catch a beautiful sunset while be slept. It was awesome practice on the stick. I think I'll be able to drop and pick up Jess from work somedays so I can have the car. Woo! 
We also dog sat willie this weekend. This is B being gangsta before we left.
American flags galore in front of Pepperdine.










1 comment:

lauren and brad said...

Oh my gosh you DID it! Way to go on selling your car. It's not the same because we didn't have a kid, but I loved being a one car family when we lived in Cali. Your date night sounds amazing! We will have to go there with you...and I can't believe you had some gift cards still laying around. :)