Saturday, March 14, 2015

21 Month Letter

Dear Butter, 
Someone asked why I called you Butter the other day, and I said "What's better than butter?  Nothing!".  The truth is that we started calling you Bean, then that turned into Butter Bean, then that got shortened to Butter (or BB…Butter Bean or Breckin Bean).  Are you still with me?  Anyway, I love you more than Butter. Which is a lot.




1 and 3/4 years old!  You are starting to talk in sentences and I try to remember as many as possible. Every time you formulate a new sentence, I just stare at you in shock that you put together a string of words that make total sense.  Maybe it is because in between these eloquently spoken sentences you are still speaking plenty of gibberish.  Here (in list form, b/c I am feeling lazy)  are a few (but not nearly all) the things you have been saying/doing this month: 
  • "I want a turn, please, I want a turn"
  • "nice meet you" with her hand out to shake
  • "Ok, princess time!"
  • "Hi mommy! What you doin?"
  • "Oh mommy! I need you! "
  • "Milkies time"….."Sophie time"….."Babar time"…."dinner time"…"night night time"...
  • "Count! 1, 5, 7, 8"
  • You spells almost every word "S…O…S…O…"  
  • We practice writing your name and spelling it.  Sometimes you get as far as "B..R…(long pause)…S…O…S…O"
  • Says "kids?"  When you hears kids nearby
  • While I danced ridiculous in car to rap song you said "ooooohhh mama dance good!"
  • You had a an upset tummy and I said "you need a good poopy today" and you said "coffee please" 






  • "Bubba, sit, lap"
  • "Mmmmmm good"
  • "Mommy's turn" or"Breckins turn"
  • "Be back minute" 
  • "Back in second"
  • "Stop!!! Enough!"  Usually when I am on the computer or playing ukulele.
  • While singing and playing uke: "mommy daddy watching hoops" ...which was true
  • The songs you sing on the ukulele are always a string of random things that you see "mama…TV…shoes…dada…rug…"  My little Randy Newman. 
  • "Bubba come back!"
  • "Sowwy mama"
  • "Thank you mama"







  • You are very sweet with your words when you wake up in bed with us:  "Good morning mama"…"snuggle"…"eyes open/closed"…"book"…."game (daddy's phone)"…"I love you"
  • You say "pound it" with fist bump
  • "Come on!" 
  • You love to wrestle on our bed. You say "Save me! " and "Monster!" and build forts out of the bed pillows and you think you think we can't see you when you hide your eyes from us even though your whole body will be sticking out.  








You are a dancing fool! 


  • When you are really crying hard you dramatically wail "myyy liiiife!"
  • When your tummy is hurting you say "poop, oh baaaby"
  •  You said "mommy forgot coffee at home"  while out on a walk. 
  • You had a full on conversation with a statue in someone's yard on a walk. 
  • You ask to wear your "cupcakes" and "pancake" (polka dots) jambes.
  • You called Papa from my cell phone all on your own and had a conversation. It took me a few minutes to realize papa was actually on the other end…I thought you were pretending!  








  • You say "thank you mommy" or "thank you daddy" out of the blue when you are feeling content as if you are thanking us for giving you life.  You're Welcome
  • You say "thank you" at correct times without being prompted and you usually immediately follow it up with a "you're welcome"
  • You love to point out "girl" and "boy"
  • You point out "sad" characters in your books
  • "Baby fall hurt"



first "official" camping trip
Leo Carillo State Beach




  • You tell us when you're "stuck"
  • You can point out almost anything in a book and say most of what you see too.  Sometimes you will sit and "read" your books by yourself. 
  • "Oooohhhh fun" (like, when you see a cool toy)
  • Asks for a  "pallet"
  • Demands "night night" when she is tired.  "Rock" when you want to nurse in the rocking chair.
  • Still nursing quite a bit.  You say "milkies" and "other side"











Your hair had a big growth spurt this month! 

You love to take selfies!


  • You love to lounge and watch cartoons. You ask for "George" (curious george)  and "Tiger" (daniel tiger's neighborhood), and "Street" (sesame street)
  • "Kitchen! Kitchen! Come on!" You have been very much into your play kitchen this month.  playing for up to an hour at a time.  
  • You are very sweet with your dollies.  You will get a blanket or a single wipe out and meticulously fold it and refold it for your babies. 
  • You love bath time and will ask "bath??" throughout the day.  You took a bath with your friend, Wilder, at his house one time.  Everyday the following week you asked to go to Wilder's house and take a bath.  
  • You love water period.  The beach is your favorite.  You say "ocean? suit?"  Somedays I fill up a few tupperwares/cups with water for you to play with outside. You love transferring the water between the different containers. 
  • Our daily walks are a favorite for you too.  You will ride in your blue car and hop out when you feel like walking.  You stop to smell the flowers or play with rocks you see.  You practice your running and love stopping to talk to the doggies.  
  • You ask to go to the park.  You love to swing and you can climb up the play structures and go down the slides by yourself.  you are starting to challenge yourself by trying the climbing things instead of just going up the steps.  






This was a big day!  The first time you wore a clip in your hair! 



  
We love you so much.  You amaze us everyday.  

Love, 
Mommy and Daddy




No comments: