To the Nugg-iest of Nuggs-
TWO! I just can't believe it. I guess this you getting older thing is just never going to get easy. But, oh how sweet you are. The more you say, the cuter, sweeter, and smarter you get…I just don't know how it's possible. Your 2 year birthday brings to an end the official monthly letter writing, but I still plan on keeping close tabs on you and writing about all of your Breck-isms.
We have fun together. You are my sidekick and I am your playmate. We have morning adventures and afternoon adventures. You take 3 hour naps. You love to sleep. You ask for night night and you are sleeping until around 7 these days. You typically wake up happy and talking to yourself in your crib. You are a good eater (but love the bad stuff too!…chocolate, french fries, donuts, cake…)You are becoming much more independent, can have conversations, and will even follow instructions. Sometimes you can be sassy (you'll hit or throw a tantrum - usually about not getting to watch a cartoon), but you are 95% loving and sweet. Even though I was still feeling sick from being pregnant (with your baby sibling!), we managed a trip to Lake Arrowhead, trips to the beach, attending several birthday parties, throwing your birthday party, and attending the farewell Sanctuary (your midwives) picnic.
Some Breck-isms this month:
*You farted on your finger, tasted it and said "mmmm good"
*"Slow and steady"
*"Slow and steady"
*"We gotta problem"
*"Ooh beans! My favorite...ooh corn! My favorite!" (while eating turkey chili)
*"What we got here?"
*B: "What's dis?" Jess: "My forehead." B: "I got your forehead!"
* On the morning of your birthday it was misting and you said "Rain! No! Oh my life!"
* "I wanna touch it." (Eye, nose...)
* "Paint?" (always asking to paint! daily)
* You ask for hokey pokey and ring around the rosy "pokey" and "ring rosy"
* Sometimes we look out the living room window in the afternoons, waiting for daddy to get home. More than once you have said "Daddy!! Burgers! Fries! Pleeeeease!"
*We have been working on getting you to say you are 2 years old and holding 2 fingers up. You'll do this sometimes, but you usually say "One! No…I Five!!"
*With all the birthday parties this month, you have become obsessed with birthday cakes, fires (candles), and singing happy birthday. When you see candles, you will hold them and start singing happy birthday. "Happ birthday yoooou! Happ birthday yooooou! Happ birthday mama!!! happ birthday you!"
*We took a music class this month and at the end of every class, the teacher passed around stuffed lions and asked everyone to lay down with the lions while she sang "In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight" on the ukulele. This did not go over well with the rest of the 2 year olds in the class (lots of running around and screaming and not complying while their parents tried to force them to lie down) But YOU LOVED this part. You would immediately surround yourself with stuffed lions and would lay there peacefully the whole song. You often request the "lion song" at night night now.
*Mommy and Daddy spent their first night away from you (we went to a wedding in Newport Beach) and Nana flew out to stay with you. You were half asleep on her shoulder facing outward in the rocking chair, and you turned in to kiss her neck and went back to sleep. So sweet.
*We have been working on weaning you, and you rarely have milkies anymore. We have started giving you a "special night night drink" and you love it b/c it has "cin-mon!" in it. (warmed up coconut milk with cinnamon in a special mug.)
*You're very much into announcing if it is "Mama's turn" or "Dada's turn" It is usually for who puts you down for night night, and usually goes "Dada's turn? No!! Mama's turn! Mama's turn!"
*"I excited!"
*We watched a lot of the NBA Playoffs. The teams we were rooting for kept getting beat. So by the end, when we were rooting for the Warriors, you would say "Go bulls! Go clippers! Go warriors!" during the games
*You are so sweet and in tune with how I am feeling. I also have been telling you I don't feel good a lot this month. You say "Mama? you don't feel good? I got you. Medicine?" and will pat my arm.
*While you were with a babysitter, you walked her the entire way to the neighborhood market (about 4 blocks) leading the way, walked in and asked her "donuts?" (you and daddy have made a few trips this month for coffee and donuts thanks to my pregnancy cravings. You are a smart cookie.)
*You are certainly obsessed with cartoons. George, UmiZumi, Peppa Pig, Dora, Cat in the Hat…are a few favorites. But George still trumps them all. You'll bat your eyelashes at us, purse your lips and in the sweetest voice ask "Geeeeee-oooorge?" Sure is hard to say no to you.
*When you can't find me you'll put your hand up to your mouth (to amplify your voice) and ask "Where are you?"
*You are so sweet with your baby dolls and real babies. In sweet quiet voice, you say "Hi baby, awww baby, cute baby, baby sleeping" You will bounce and rock your babies so gently.
*You say "Not!" instead of "no" or "I not!" instead of "I don't"
*"Potent" (important)
*"Coco" (coconut water)
*Mama: "You OK?" B: "Yeah! I OK!"
*You are very into castles. I think it comes from building sand castles at the beach (which rates in the top 5 of your favorite things to do) Anytime we are around sand you shout "Castles!" but you also love to point out buildings while we are driving around that look like castles.
*another top 5 favorite. Archie comics. You have had the same comic book since January and you can look at it forever. You will look at each page so intensely. It is your favorite car activity. You'll occasionally declare "archie sad" while you are reading. We try to tell you that archie is happy. Lately, You have called it "Archibald"
*another top 5 favorite. Archie comics. You have had the same comic book since January and you can look at it forever. You will look at each page so intensely. It is your favorite car activity. You'll occasionally declare "archie sad" while you are reading. We try to tell you that archie is happy. Lately, You have called it "Archibald"
*You love to tickle us and will say "AAAAHHHH!" while doing it.
*You love to watch the trash tracks every Monday "Hi Trash truck! What you doin here? Trash cans? Bye bye poop! Bye bye diapers! Bye bye trash truck. See you soon!"
*"Yay! I did it!"
*"Stop! I will fart on your face! Shoo wee!"
*While we were driving down the highway you shouted "a racoon! I see it!"
*While talking to gaga on the phone "I want a cooter, gaga" (scooter)
*Pointing out fish in an aquarium you said "Mommy fish, Breckin fish, daddy fish"
*Even if you are the first to say it, you always say "I love you too mommy"
*You like to play with my hair and give me massages. You are obsessed with massages. You ask for them all the time and you will sit on our laps for long periods of time if we bribe you with a massage.
*One day you kept licking my shirt and saying "mmmmm…good" I asked you what it tasted like and you said "honey!"
*You like to hold my phone and say "I working. 4, 5, 7, 11…"
*"OK! I fix it!"
*"There it is! I'll find it!"
*While in the tub. Mommy: "Did you toot? " B: "No, I don't fart"
We love you Breckie B.
Love,
Mommy and Daddy













No comments:
Post a Comment