Here we go. Your first letter in a series of letters that I will try to write to you every month for 24 months. You are already 6 weeks old as I sit down to finally write this. One thing is for sure, there is not much free time when there are 2 kids to take care of. Plus, I am finding it hard to believe you are already past the one month mark. So fast. Too fast.
This first month has been wonderful. You came right before Christmas. The best Christmas present ever. Those first couple of weeks we spent snuggling you and passing you around to all the loving arms that were eager to hold you. You have been such a sweet little thing. You eat (so much), sleep, and poop on repeat all day long. You pooped about 10 times the first night after you were born, and you haven't slowed down much. You have only had one long crying spell and it was the evening of day 2 or 3 where you cried for about 3 hours and your daddy and I just passed you back and forth until you finally crashed. Other than that, you just grunt when you are hungry and cry a little when you have gas. I have nicknamed you "gremlin" because of the grunty sounds you make.
sidenote: Your daddy and I noticed that the first cries you made over the first couple of days sounded like the noises I was making during labor. So cool and weird!
You have been a big, strong boy since you were born. Gaining good weight and eating ALL of the time. You picked up nursing really easy, and you even took a few bottles with Nana on New Year's Eve so your daddy and I could go see the Dead and Company. You have been working on holding your head up and you have had alert, open eye moments more and more. You have given us a few smiles and it is the CUTEST. You smile with your whole face, and I just love it.
Some things you have done your first month of life: visited santa clause (first outing), ate out at Cheesecake Factory, Philly West, the Humble Potato and the Yardhouse, celebrated Christmas, had your Name Blessing Ceremony, gone on a couple of walks in the wrap, took your first bath (at one week old), took newborn pics (at one week old), laid in your bouncy chair, laid in your boppy, cuddled lots of family and friends (Happy, Nana, Papa, Gaga, Lauren, Eric, Norah, mommy, daddy, Breckin, Natalie, Isla, Brooke, Brett, Wilder, Serene…to name a few), have had some sweet first moments with your big sister, been to a couple of well baby visits, got your hearing checked, went to the beach (sunset and ice cream), and went to the post office.
ONE WEEK PHOTO SESSION STARTS HERE
We took these photos after your first bath at 1 week old.
To commemorate your first bath, I finally cut off my bracelet from our blessing way. It was meant to be cut off after labor to symbolize the end of our pregnancy journey together, but I had grown so attached to it that I couldn't bear to do it. Giving you your first bath felt like cutting the umbilical cord all over again, so it felt like a good time to cut the bracelet.
the Humble Potato lunch date
2 week check up
first bottle
Your first Oklahoma State football game to watch was the Sugar Bowl where we lost badly to Ole Miss :( It is hard to be a cowpoke, but your were born this way.
You were born with a dark, fine hair. It looks brown and blonde patchy, and seems to be falling out like your sister's did. You have blonde eyebrows and eyelashes, and pretty blue eyes. You have a sweet button nose and luscious lips that I love to kiss on. You have sweet ears with squishy lobes that stick out under your hats. You are perfect. Your fingernails/fingers are so tiny that I was scared to cut them, so I finally used a nail file on them. It is hard to say who you look like yet. A lot of people have said you look like your mama, but I catch glimpses of your daddy too. Sometimes, when I glance down at you and you are looking like daddy, I will accidentally call you Jess. Many people have said you look like your gaga, Judy…which is fate since you were named after her!
That pretty much sums up our first month together. Not much to tell that the pictures can't say. Lots and lots of cuddling our new baby boy and staring at your cute face in awe all day long! Let the pics resume…
noticing the birds for the first time
a new hobby of mine: capturing pics of sis and bro together
aunt NaNa
Bubba Leon has loved you from the start. Mr. Protector
Our first walk with the stroller. Breckin is on a skateboard that is attached to the stroller. This is how we roll now.
Take a close look at this shirt. Mushrooms! So cute.
Isla
Our first neighborhood walk in the wrap
Breckin loves her baby brother! She calls you "Jude judy jude jude man" and "Jude McJuderson" and "baby brother"
first beach trip! sunset and ice cream…it was so cold!
We love you so much, SON! My heart has more than doubled since you came into the world. Here is to many, many, many more months with you.
Love,
Mommy





























No comments:
Post a Comment