Thursday, February 18, 2016

Jude's Name Blessing Ceremony

We had Jude's name blessing ceremony late Sunday night, December 20th.  Princess was so sweet to come over (on her birthday!) to do this for us before papa and gaga had to leave town.  
It was late (like 11 pm!) so the babes were not in the best mood, but it made B happy to help Princess set up the table. We wrote down pledges for jude and hung them from the tree.  Each person presented a flower to jude and said a wish for him as well. 






Princess cleansed us and the space with the sage I bought at Ojai farmers market on our baby moon. I had meant to burn it when labor started, but I forgot. 



Princess said a prayer and anointed jude with a very special oil her dad brought from Israel. 


My milk was coming in and I was super emotional.  Unconditional love is a real thing. 







Jude's first birthday cake! B was so excited about this part! 

B blew the candle out for her brother. 


Watch out for the knife, B! 




No comments: