Saturday, July 16, 2016

Mammoth Trip (back in April)

We were lucky enough to be invited by our friends, Lauren, Zac, Kaius (almost 3), and Juno (3 months), on a weekend excursion to Mammoth back in April.  Lauren's dad has made it a tradition to rent a house/condo every year for himself and his girlfriend and Lauren and her family.  They were so sweet to ask the Royall 4 to tag along this year! 

while packing up the snowboard gear, I noticed my boots were different sizes!  I have had these boots for 10 years and did not notice until now!  This explains a lot...

We packed up the highlander and hit the road for the second time as a family of 4.  Mammoth is usually a 5.5 hour journey with no kids.  We were just hoping to make it alive =)


There were several breaks along the way.  Some nursing breaks. Some potty breaks. Some park breaks. Some eating breaks.  We stopped in Lone Pine (i think...) at a diner for lunch.  We were the only ones there, and breckin was hamming it up with the waitress.  She makes friends wherever she goes. We got there late Friday night just in time to join the others at the condo, eat some home cooked chicken verde chili, and have some wine.  

Jess started off our Saturday morning by making breakfast for everyone.  The condo was in the middle of the Village, so we could walk anywhere, including the gondola, fast. 

We took a stroll through the village then headed up the gondola (free) to the base of the mountain to check out the snow! Breckin had seen snow once during our Christmas trip to OK back in 2014.  This was a little different! 





The several gondola rides were a highlight of the trip! 



This LA girl doesn't own snow boots =)  We actually bought these rain boot for the trip. 






There was lots of snowman building and snowball fights.  




breckin + kaius. friends since utero. 


jude and I hung out on the deck, drinking beer, and watching the big kids play in the snow.


that's mark.  jess taking the kids sledding.  B loved it!  K...not so much. 














family lunch date.  It felt like 70 degrees and the setting was gorgeous.  and the kids were good =)

Jess got skis and did a few runs while I took the kids back for a nap and got ready for the hot tub!  

headed down to the pool and hot tub! 


she couldn't wait to jump in the pool! It was heated and so was the concrete surrounding it.  The sun was out and I was lounging with jude poolside! 






We heated up a pot of chili I made for dinner for the whole crew.  We turned on a movie for the kids and threw back some brews and had some good adult conversation and laughs. 


Sunday morning brought another breakfast by Jess and some more playtime in the snow. 


Jess did some skiing while I took the kids back for a nap. 

Jude and Juno being the sweet babes that they are. 

Jess stayed with the kids so I could get a run in on the trusty old board.  I made it down with no falls, but my legs were killing me!! I need some muscles




sporting his Pata-gucci (the waiter at the restaurant taught us this term...haha).  We went out Sunday night to a sushi restaurant to celebrate Lauren's b-day.  








Monday morning we packed up early to get on the road.  We stopped on this place on the way out and had to take a pic for our Schatzie fam.  It was delicious. 



playing peek a boo



We hit up a park on the way home so daddy could make some work calls.  A couple more breaks and we were home Monday afternoon.  So glad we went!  It has been almost 5 years which is just a real shame.  I hope we can get back next year. 

No comments: