Thursday, February 09, 2017

13 Month Letter

Dear Judy with the Booty, 
Happy 13 months bud!  It was a fun filled month with lots of growth.  Right after your first birthday, we were on a flight to Oklahoma to spend 10 fun filled days with family for christmas. Your third trip to Oklahoma! 
Christmas breakfast at Rae's in christmas jammies before Oklahoma trip

At LAX

We spent 5 days in Tulsa and got to see lots of family while we were there. It was pretty cold in Tulsa, but we had a little backyard time to fly daddy's new drone.  You were not much of a fan of the cold. 

We didn't know until day 4 of the trip, but you were suffering from an ear infection =(
You were snotty and sad and not sleeping at all.  We finally took you to urgent care on Christmas Eve and got you some antibiotics before we headed to the farm.  Thank goodness! 

"tree of life"

Here I go again with the sleeping pictures.  

The tulsa family through you another first birthday party!  Even though you were suffering from your ear infection you put on a happy face for the birthday song and some cake! 

You and your aunt Lauren got lots of QT.  

 Then it was off to Seminole for Christmas and the rest of our trip. 
Lots of QT with this aunt Lauren as well! 
Jude and Jude

You definitely love farm life and tried to keep up with your sister and your cousins.  You got to feeling better with the antibiotics and started sleeping better.  It was warm enough to hang outside most days.  You love to run around aunt LoLo's house in circles chasing the cousins.  You had fun exploring all the toys at Papa and Gaga's house too.  







You stayed with a babysitter one day so all the grown ups could go watch star wars.  She snapped this pic of you and said you were an easy going kid the whole time! what?! You typically love mommy the most and want me in your eyeline at all times. 

Then it was back to cali after a fulfilled trip.  You got this teepee for your birthday and it has been a success.  You love to crawl in with some toys like a little hidey hole.  


You love playing with all of Breckin's toys too of course.  You think she is pretty cool and want to do whatever she is doing.  You guys have a great relationship developing.  You can make each other laugh and scream.  She is learning not to yell at you (use your words, B) and is better at sharing her things with you.  You are becoming more and more like playmates each day. 

We used the bike trailer for the first time with the two of you!  You LOVE it! 


It has been a rainy winter here in Cali.  There has been plenty of opportunities to play in the mud and splash in puddles.  This was your first puddle jumping experience.  I got so many awesome pics this day, I am going to have to do a whole blog post dedicated to it!  Here are more than a few: 








We have been watching a lot of basketball and I think you are semi interested. You definitely love to play catch with your soft basketball and you kick balls around all the time. You throw, kick and color predominantly with your left at this point.  You were running circles around this kid at the park.  It was like a one on one soccer match but you were really sticking it to this kid.  His mom asked me, "wow! he is so agile, how old is he?" When I told her 13 months, she was shocked and told me her boy (who you were schooling in soccer) was 18 months!  Thatta kid! 

Climbing climbing climbing.  You love it. You climb everything.  Lately, you are always on the ottoman or on the back of the couch. You have great balance, so I guess I'll continue to let you perfect your skill and try to avoid falls! 

As soon as we got home from OK we night weaned you because, let's be real, EVERYONE needed more sleep.  You sleep in bed with us, and the night weaning only took 2 nights! The first night you were really mad.  Hitting daddy and me.  Head butting us.  Crying.  But I stuck to my guns and kept talking you off the ledge.  Night 2 was more of the same but less intense and for not as long.  By night 3 and ever since you have barely moved or made a peep until around 5:30/6 in the morning.  Sometimes I can get you to go back to sleep until 6:30/7.  Other times, I let you nurse at 5:30.  Overall, SO MUCH BETTER.  You have even had a consistent-ish nap around 10 am everyday.  They can last 20 min-2 hours...but I'll take it!  You rarely have an afternoon nap, and since your sis dropped her nap, I have you both starting bedtime routine at 6:30.  And you stay asleep!  Thank you buddy.  





While sis is in her dance class, you walk around and charm the moms or steal their snacks. 

playdates with the hintons.  This is Wilder, but his little brother, Arrow, is probably your best bud.  And you guys look a lot alike! 

Another breakfast at Rae's!  I cannot get enough of their chicken fried steak =)


Jude, Arrow, Breckin, Wilder and Kaius

You LOVE park time these days.  You run free, love to swing, climb, slide, and sand pits!  

This picture was taken the morning after you slept through the night for the first time in your life!  You were so SMILEY this day and so was I.  I was seriously on cloud 9.  It was seriously the best 24 hours ever. 

You and Auntie B.  One thing you are not is SHY.  You love love love people and will snuggle up with quite a few.  You have always had a thing for your auntie B though.  Sometimes you prefer her over me!  We go to Meditation for Mama's on Tuesdays while your sis is in school.  It is an awesome time to spend QT with you and your babe friends and I get to meditate and talk to like minded mommies. 



You are eating from a real plate with real food for most meals.  You love to drink water out of water bottles.  You feed Leon quite a bit and you tend to throw your food/plate on the floor when you are finished.  We are working on this. 


You have started to color! 

jumping in the crib!  pretty much all it is used for...

Buddy! My little sidekick and boyfriend!  You are such a lover and sweet soul.  I feel so lucky that I get to be loved by you.  I sure do love you, my boy. 
love, Mama


No comments: