Thursday, June 08, 2017

17 Month Letter

Dear Jude,
Another amazing month with our Jude Man. We are falling more in love with you everyday as your personality continues to come through.  You still are not saying much but you are trying and you are very expressive anyway.  You grunt, mimic sounds back and forth, laugh (you have the cutest little giggle that gets going sometimes-mostly when you are watching a funny cartoon or at your sister), and sing.  You say ball (bah), dada, mama (rarely), bubba (leon), uh uh, yeah, baseball. You shake your head emphatically yes or no. You put your hand out if you want us to come with you somewhere.  You usually take me to the kitchen to make you some food.  You mostly LOVE to eat and you are always hungry! You eat at least one avocado a day.  Strawberries, blackberries, watermelon, mandarins, crackers, bread, cheese, turkey, french fries, beans and beans are your favorites. You'll eat your veggies too but they are not your go to.  You and sis will eat cereal with goat milk every morning.  It has become quite the tradition.  When you are finished with your meals you bring your plate to the kitchen without us even asking you!  You just follow your sister's lead...as you do with most things. You cheers with your food and your drinks. You flirt. You give the best hugs and kisses.  Usually smothering me all over.  I refer to you as "my little boyfriend" because I just want to love on you all day long.  You are so sweet and cuddly and so so so CUTE! 
You and Leon bond more and more everyday.  You give him lots of attention and pets, and he LOVES you and would kiss you forever if we let him. You are typically very gentle with him and you have been trying to get Leon to drop his tennis ball in the backyard so you can play fetch with him.  You will never grab at it from him, you always just calmly stand next to him with your hand out waiting for Leon to hand it over.  He never does, but this exchange has been so fun to watch out in the backyard.  We are in the backyard ALOT.  You and your sister shed your clothes as soon as you step outside and you love to run around and be free in your space.  You explore the backyard, dig in the dirt, play in the sprinkler, kick the ball around, play basketball, swing, cook in the play kitchen, play chase with sister, paint, chalk, pick flowers, etc.  



For much of this month we got to hang with Happy and Nana.  They stayed in Venice for 3 weeks so you really got a lot of QT with your grandparents. We did fun things as a family like the Tar Pits, Catalina, Santa Barbara, beach, park and lots of dinners out. 



I would say Arrow is your BF.  It works out b/c Breckin and Wilder are BF and the mommies love each other too =)
We do lots of play dates with arrow and wilder. You and arrow look so much alike that some folks think you are twins.  I love this series of pics of you two at the beach...I could not choose just one and this isn't even all of them! 



love you boys together! 

You and sis drove the blue car together on a few strolls.  Now you don't fit anymore. 

Once again, lots of pictures of you sleeping.  There is just something about a sleeping baby.  You're my sweet angel baby when you're sleeping. 


short little arms =)


You and your sister are just so sweet.  Sure, you can fight with the best of them, but you two already have such a sweet bond.  She loves to look out for her baby brother and keep "judie" safe.  She calls you "judie" and "buddy".  Every time you two are reunited, you run up to each other and embrace in the sweetest hug.  5 minutes later you might be throwing a toy at her or she might be "accidentally" knocking you over...but you two are the cutest. 


cement truck

lunch with Uncle Clint


snapchat fun







Juno + Jude

helping with laundry, or "Mt. Royall" as we like to call it

I had to include this series of photos due to the hilarity.  I said "make a smile face for the camera" and this is what I got: 








making waffles


We like to do movie nights as a family, and you will even make it through parts of movies and laugh a little. 


We take lots of walks to the park.  Your sister got this scooter for Easter, but you are already able to ride it! 




You are a social butterfly and you love when people come over.  You warm up to people quick and you are usually in their lap before too long.  You definitely love on your Auntie B. We have left you with a few babysitters but you are still a mama's boy and want me to be in your eye line at all times. You are still nursing.  You'll have an hour long nurse session right when you wake up.  I nurse you to sleep and then you will sporadically ask through the day.  Some days more than others.  If I am not in the mood, or you are asking a lot, I will deny you.  I am not ready for you to wean yet.  I still love the closeness and the special look that only I get to see when we share those moments. I will miss that so much when it's over.  You have never really been a calm nurser. You writhe and squirm and are a little rough.  I won't miss that...

You are a dare devil and you have no fear.  You climb up everything.  You run full speed.  You jump and hop and kick. 




movie date with mom



You have the cutest "pout" I have ever seen.  You will get mad about something, then usually hit one of us, and then you will march off to a corner and literally pout for a few minutes.  I didn't know babies knew how to do this and you have PERFECTED the pout.  I am sorry that I just laugh and take your picture every time you do it. It's the cutest thing ever. 




We did meditation for mamas in the park this month and you wanted to take off running the park in your new shoes.  You love balls! You continue to dominate with your left.  You are eating, throwing, drawing, and kicking left. 


Your sister is constantly performing and you are following in her suit. You will put on her dance costumes and do ballet for us. You love to sing in the microphone.  I see a lot of performances in our future. 




twinning! 

I love you buddy.  I can't wait to see what next month has in store. 
love, Mama

No comments: