Since it was my big 2-5 on the 3rd I had to make sometime to celebrate. If you know me....I always celebrate my birthday the only way I know how...for at least an entire week =)
Round 1: my birthday fell on super bowl sunday and it also fell on the first day of a new middle school teacher retreat that I went to. So we started the celebration Friday night. I sadly have no pics of this night but it was grand times. Jess took me to dinner at one of our favorite places in hollywood, then Jess and I met up with some friends in hollywood (2 of jess' PA buddies, Joseph...who looks exactly like kevin bacon, and Don...Then don brought along 2 of his typical boston like buddies) We drank, played WII (awesome) and went out on the town. Lots of fun.
Round 2: After lounging and watching b-ball all day saturday, we were up and at em again for Round 2. We met my teacher friend Robin and her husband and good 'ol bobby out at the Santa Monica Bistro and I had about 4 dirty martinis...mmmmmmm. Then Jess, Bobby and I went out in Santa Monica.
With Robin and her hubby Eric at the Bistro
Doing the robot
2-5! I'm old.
Round 3: Jess and I got up early on Super bowl Sunday and headed to the Valley so he could play in a flag football game with production people. It was cold and rainy but a good game. I can't remember if Jess' team won or not! Then I was off to my teacher's retreat in Palos Verde. very pretty. I was dreading this but it turned out to be very cool. There were about 40 new teachers there and it was nice to hear that we are all going through the same things. Everyone was young and cool. Everyone felt sorry for me that it was my birthday and we stayed up until 2:30 celebrating with the beer courtesy of the retreat leaders.
Round 4: Second night of the retreat even crazier than the first. This night doesn't really count as celebrating my birthday, but we were celebrating meeting new people. Yay for new friends!
This is my new friend Marshall. He was roommates with Mike Bell in college for any of you Denver Broncos fans out there. We were singing and dancing to "B double E double R U N...BEER RUN!!"
And just a reminder of why I do what I do....
Aren't they cute =)
So that brings us up to date. I am home alone for a week while Jess is in San Fran and Tahoe shooting a Subaru Commercial. He might not even be home for Valentine's day!! boo. BUT the week after next is my school's ski week and we are planning a snowboarding trip either to mammoth or Tahoe. I'm pumped. TGFSW (Thank God for ski week).
I find out this week if I am getting a contract to teach at St. Matthew's again. Everyone keeps telling me that I have nothing to worry about....but I can't help it. it will be a sigh of relief.
My fam and Candy get to come see me in March! My first family visit. hurray!
6 comments:
poor dolly...got no friends......
nothin' to do...no place to go...
hain't got no respect............
waaah..life is such a BEACH!!!!!!
luv ya miss ya can't wait ta see ya
I wish I was there to celebrate the big 2 5 with ya. Let me know as soon as you hear about the job! Only a month and a half. WOOO HOOO!
And by the way, I love it when you make time to blog.
Love you
ps: what in the crap kinda private fancy schmancy school gets dang ski break week. only some crappy tom hanks school. i love you and am soooo jealous. did you get my text on your bday? and did you get your package?????
you are so old. can't wait to see you. tgfsw and tgffv (tgf family visits!)
miss you sis!
The Royall side of the fam let u down.B-day present coming soon.
We really do love you. No problem w/the job.U're fabulous!
Post a Comment