Monday, February 25, 2008

Ski Week 2008

Today I started back to work after a great week off. Jess and I headed up to Lake Tahoe for some snowboarding and some gambling. We had an awesome time.

We got there on Tuesday, went out for a nice dinner, and did a little gamblin. black jack mostly (and I of course gave me usual $20 to the wheel of fortune machine...it is just so fun!). we didn't do so hot, and went back to the hotel. I love the cute, little town of south lake tahoe. Everything is so close and easy to get to. The casinos are at the bottom of the gondola which is next to all the restaurants, hotels, and shops. very cool.

Wednesday we got up nice and early and hit the mountain. It was a beautiful day, very sunny, and jess and I lasted longer than we thought we would. It had been a year so I was SUPER sore, but didn't want to quit! The view of the lake from the top of the mountain was absolutely breathtaking...I hate to say it, but I'd never seen anything like it in my beloved colorado.

Wednesday night we were sore, tired, and didn't want to lose too much money in gambling (we saved it up for Thursday night) so we stayed in and watched a movie.

Thursday we slept in and hit the mountain about 10:30. The blizzard had hit. I'm glad we had the view of the lake the day before because you couldn't even see 2 feet in front of you this day. It was also super cold. We toughed it out for a while, but being cold, windy, snowy, and sore we went in before the lifts quit.

We hit the casino early Thursday night. I learned how to play craps and we stood in the same spot at the same table from 7:00-Midnight!!! The table was hot, and craps is SUPER FUN!! Not only did we get the free drinks...nice...I doubled my money, and jess quadrupled his =) I think I'm addicted. I ended up dreaming about craps all night long that night.

We got up early Friday for the LONG drive home. The roads on the way up were bone dry, but since the blizzard had hit, we had windy, icy roads for a good 4 hours. A cop was even making people turn around and put on chains (we had to buy some....)

We made it, and had a nice weekend to recuperate. It is hard going back to work after a break. You forget that you have to work for a living =)


Had to dust of the trusty ol snowboard =)

The view from the gondola. spectacular!

Jess won the yo bet in craps. so we are saying "YOOOOOO!!!!"

Taking a break at the umbrella bar

yummmmmy....nothing like a peppermint patty to warm you up

Can you even believe this view?!?!

6 comments:

candy hammond said...

Looks like you had a blast. And it is incredibly beautiful. Can't wait for one more month! Love you!

candy hammond said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
candy hammond said...

Oh yea, answer your phone :)

lauren and brad said...

you two are the cutest couple ever.

did you know that ben looks exactly like your baby pics! crazy, huh!?!!?? he's so cute!

lizcannon said...

you are right, that view is da bomb.com, even though CO is pretty, we got no lakes like that.

congrats on winning. when we went on our cruise i won on my first pull of the slots ($90) and then i knew it, i was an addict.

that's where mom and david got married, how cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

aaahhh...to be young=(