Monday, December 16, 2013

Meeting Santa!

On Sunday, we took Breckin to meet Santa for the first time!  I had butterflies in my stomach I was so excited!  We dressed her up in a sweet red, sparkly sweater, white tights, knit booties, and vintage reindeer headband...She was ready to make a great first impression!

She's excited! 

We decided on the Santa at SANTA Monica Place (haha) which is the new extension of the third street promenade.  It was perfect weather and everything was so festive!  Lights in the palm trees and lots of holiday hustle and bustle going on.  

It doesn't look like it, but this is an outdoor mall!

 fancy!

Apparently Santa is being sponsored by HGTV b/c they had a HGTV Holiday House for santa to sit inside and lots of HGTV stars were scheduled to make appearances throughout the month.  We missed out on this by 30 minutes.  =/  We only stood in line for about 20 minutes.  I was a little worried b/c B did not see Santa Claus until it was her turn.  We rounded a corner inside the HGTV Holiday house and BOOM there was Santa dressed all in red, big white beard, sitting in a huge green cheer.  I see how that could be a little scary and overwhelming to someone meeting Santa for the first time...but B LOVED SANTA!   She pulled at his beard, stared at him, held his hand, and SMILED!  It could not have gone more perfect.  The staff raved about how good she was, and Santa did not want to let her go!  I felt bad for the folks behind us in line b/c we definitely got an extra long turn with Santa.  He told me that Breckin asked for a stuffed animal to sleep with and a mobile for above her bed.  I guess santa forgot that she already has both these things ;)  She might be bored with them though!

 Seeing the big guy for the first time!


Her pics turned out great, and we headed to La Cabana to celebrate with a yummy Mexican dinner.  Feliz Navidad!






1 comment:

lauren and brad said...

Oh my gosh! She's a dream! What a fun Santa place!