Since living in California, we have only come home for Thanksgiving two years (I think). The first year, we went to grandma Freda's. Last year, for the grand opening of my sister's newly remodeled house in which she hosted a HUGE dinner for our lovely family. Every other year, we have gone to the Charbs house here in Venice, where Natalie's mom goes to town on some of the best tasting Thanksgiving staples you've ever had! There are the usual Venice orphans at the table each year. These people are our family away from home and we are so grateful for them!
I was put in charge of the green bean casserole and my usual deviled eggs. I was intimidated my the made from scratch green bean casserole (no cans of soup allowed!), but it turned out pretty easy and SOOO tasty, I must make this again. I prepped the casserole and boiled 2 dozen eggs Wednesday night.
We woke up and watched the cowboys play basketball and I finished up the deviled eggs. We walked down to the park to meet some of our dinner mates for a flag football game.
First time to meet Amanda! Uncle Hani is so proud.
One of Amanda's friends had this dog, Piggy. She was pretty cute.
Amanda brought snacks and mimosas. B and I lounged on the blanket and socialized while daddy quarterbacked his team to a loss. Where Amanda goes, costumes go.
B wore her OK onesie to the park b/c she loves her OK family so much!!!
We headed over to the Charbs around 2. B got on her First Thanksgiving Ever outfit. Natalie did a beautiful job on the table and the desserts our chef friend KC made were so pretty and out of this world! This is the pecan pie sitting on top of mason jars that had rum cake in them. Everyone got to take one home after dinner.
Too many cooks in the kitchen! Miss Natalie was such a good, pregnant hostess! She was taking breaks in between hostessing to sit on the couch with a heating pad =(
watching the texas game
We headed home around 8 after stuffing ourselves silly. we finished out the weekend being lazy, watching sports, doing yard work, soaking each other up as much as possible. A great first thanksgiving for the little royall family.













No comments:
Post a Comment