When I got prego last year, one of the first thoughts I had was "we will have to get new Christmas stockings!"
My family grew up with some really cool handmade ones that one of uncle Ronnie's girlfriends made, and I always looked forward to pulling them out of storage, identifying everybody's (all the pets always had a stocking too), and hanging them up.
Our stockings, Like most of all our family heirlooms, have not made it to cali. Jess and I bought the cheapy, red and white fur ones from the dollar store a few years back, and I just didn't think one more of those would do for b's first Christmas.
I set out looking for some to buy and found out very quickly that I should get in the stocking business...they are pricey! So, plan B was to make some. I found old sweaters in my closet, bought some yarn and a needle, taught myself how to whip stitch, and made my family some stockings!
This was the first one I did. I found out that the chunkier sweaters look/hang better and were easier to stitch. The green and white sweaters were a little thin, but they will do!This is Leon's stocking :)
My favorite one! The buttons were already on the sweater! This is baby b's stocking.







1 comment:
I love them so much. I think Jess' might be my favorite but it's a hard pick because they are all so cute!!!
Post a Comment