Thursday, November 02, 2006

The name is Lane, don't wear it out



Hello Blog World! Appearantly this is the cool thing to do these days, so I thought I would jump on the band wagon. This is what I am going to call a trial post since I'm a newbie. I guess I will start off with a little about myself, since if you're even reading this you might be interested. My name is Lane Adair Phelps and I am 23 years old. I grew up among the meth labs and tornados in a small southeastern Oklahoma town called Seminole. It was an awesome place to grow up and I remain close to many of my friends that are also proud to call "Swimmin-hole" their home town. Chieftain pride is justified. I guess you could call me a down home girl who loves adventure. This liking for adventure has served me pretty well in my wee 23 years. One of my mottos of life is "If life is not too exciting, than its
up to you to make it exciting". Basically, I hate being bored, and I would hate to leave my mark on this earth as "that girl that was really boring". Needless to say I like to get into shenanigans and tom foolery whenever possible.

After leaving the awesomeness I call seminole, it was off for my college days at Oklahoma State University, home of the COWBOYS! Let me tell you that there is no better college town than Stillwater, OK. I met some of the best friends in the world, and definately had some of my best adventures in good 'ol Stilly. I will probaly blog on some of these stories later. They're too good not to share. I have always been a cowboy, and I always will. GO POKES.

After college, not wanting to grow up, I moved to Boulder, Colorado. I decided to be a professional student because at the time that sounded way more fun than having a real job. I have now lived here for almost a year and a half, and I LOVE it! I will have a masters in math education in December and I am definately ready to not be a student any more!! Since I've been here I've made some awesome friends, learned how to snowboard (was a skier for years and converted), seen some awesome shows, and have succumbed to my hippie tendancies. Life is good. One adventure after another.

Todays Query: What is one of your favorite adventures??

2 comments:

lauren and brad said...

Sissy! Welcome!!! I definately believe in your view of having an adventurous life, and since you have been around since I was three, most of those include you! I loved when we were little, and we would "create" adventure by exploring the woods, fantasizing in our "rock house" or dressing in head to toe in rain gear, and take a walk in the rain. I'm still not sure if it was even raining then! Or what about when we would jump around the living room cushion to cushion while listening to the beach boys? Or what about when we put on NKOTB concerts with the vacuum cleaners? Ok...somehow this turned from adventures to dorky memories real quick! and time-out...MERE YOU HAVE A BLOG???? what is it? xoxo

lizcannon said...

Yeah lanerd!!!!! WOO HOO!!! i stumbles upon your excellence when i was hoping your dang sis would post again!!! I can now become obsessed with your blog too!!! I love you!