Sunday, November 26, 2006

It has been awhile...

Hello All! sorry for the delayed post, but I have been busy celebrating thanksgiving for a week and a half in good 'ol Oklahoma. I wanted to stay away from a computer for as long as possible, which explains the lack of posting. It was a great vacation, but its good to be home. The trip started off with a bang as sister Lauren and brother Brad picked me up from the airport and we went straight to Gallager Iba to watch some cowboy basketball (I love that place!), then a few restful days at the Phelps Farm, then it was off again to Stillwater for a little reunion with some of Seminole High's finest. As we (me, Candy, Cox, Mere) were catching up over dinner we realized that we were the 4 senior class officers of 2001! Of course we were a little tipsy by this point and found it to be the funniest thing ever. We then proceded to plan our 10 yr class reunion :) We capped the night off watching Cox's boyfriend, Trent (also a seminolian), playing the guitar at Willies on the strip.

Finally on Sunday morning at 4:00 in the am, I got to pick my boyfriend, Jess, up at the airport! It had been well over a month since we saw each other last, so I didn't care what time I had to be there! We went to grandma freda's House for an early thanksgiving. First we caught some Z's, woke up, made Hough Noodles (a secret family recipe on my Dad's side), and ATE our hearts out. Jess's parents, sister, and future bro in law joined us. this was the first meeting between the Royall's and the Phelps/Jones clan. I was a little nervous since we are a bunch of crazies (especially when we get together!) but things couldn't have gone better and we had an awesome time!!!

On monday Jess and I headed to Eufala lake to scope out my parents new lake house they are building. It is AWESOME! still in the building process but it is going to be so gorgeous. I will try to post pics soon! Then I took Jess to Pete's Place in Krebs, OK (only my favorite restaurant in the world...I had lamb fries of course) then back to the lake to relax and watch OU get beat in basketball. It was so great to get to show Jess the place where I have experienced so many memories. I love lake.

THEN it was off to Tulsa to hang with Jess's fam for thanksgiving. Wednesday we went to the Turtle (an old taco bueno that has been turned into a bar) to hang out with Jess's friends from Tulsa. It was basically a high school reunion for him, but some of my college buddies were there too. it was lots of fun.

On thanksgiving day we went to saolem springs, Arkansas for a feast at Jess's great aunt's house. I got to meet alot of his dad's side of the fam and eat alot of good food. We capped the day off with a visit to Dripping Springs, OK (where "Where the red fern grows" was filmed) . I never knew there was this kind of beauty in OK. I want to go back in the summer and wash my hair in the waterfalls (this is what Jess's Grandma Wanda Bell did when she was young)

The rest of the trip was filled with lots of lounging, getting a new computer (a MacBook...love it!), watching OU beat OSU and being sad, and saying goodbye to my fam (tear tear)

It was so good seeing everyone!! Thanks for making my Thanksgiving so wonderful!!! I'm thankful that I got to spend my holiday with loved ones :)

Today's query: what are you thankful for?

3 comments:

lauren and brad said...

I am thankful that you were here, that are with Jess who the family loves, that you are such a cool sis, and that I get to see you in less than 1 month! Yeah Christmas! xoxo
P.S. it is about damn time you posted! With your new mac, I am expecting posts at LEAST every other day!

lizcannon said...

I am thankful that I am inviting myself to your graduation party! Also I am thankful for you phelps peeps!

lauren and brad said...

ok...seriously...can we get an update?