Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Mere was here!

So as soon as I got back to Boulder from my wonderful thanksgiving trip, I had even more good times in store. Mere came to visit! and we had 5 fun filled days of colorado adventures. It all started when she arrived on wednesday. I woke up that morning to go pick her up at the airport and there was a good 1 1/2 feet of snow on the ground! whoa! It took FOREVER to drive on the scary, icy roads but I eventually got to her. She certainly arrived on the right day if she wanted to see what a colorado blizzard looks like. When we finally made it back to Boulder, we got all bundled up and walked along historic pearl street. Then we met up with my bbff (best boulder friend forever) eric for the best burgers, fries and beers you'll ever have at Mountain Sun. Then it was off to the piano bar where, unbeknownst to us, it was open mike night. We made friends with the owner/bartender/piano player (his name is Kaz) and I hammed it up all night on the piano playing melodies such as: heart and soul, ode to joy, and I even sang along while Kaz played little feat's willin'. Needless to say, Kaz kept the drinks coming and we had an awesome time.


We had planned on skiing thursday, but after checking the weather and seeing that it was -20 degrees in the mountains, we opted for sledding in boulder instead. There is an awesome sledding hill right by my apartment and it wasn't too crowded since all the kids were "suppose" to be in school. I also brought along my new snowboard that I had yet to try out. After a few runs mere and I knew why ski lifts were invented and knew that we were way out of shape! It was good times, and mere even strapped on my snowboard for a go at it. She decided that she'll stick with skiing for now.

Friday we got up early to head up to keystone! The roads were disasterous on the way up there which was a little scary, but 2 hours later we made it! It was a little chilly but we couldn't have asked for better powder. Again, we felt like old ladies again as we started to ache where we never use to :) We put in a good day of skiing/boarding and headed home. When we finally arrived back home all we wanted to do was order chinese, lay on the couch and watch "you, me and dupree"

Saturday arrived and mere wanted to buy a hat, so we hit up pearl street again. The sun had finally come out, but the snow kept most of the weirdos that usually roam pearl inside. We hit up lots of stores, while both of us were really too poor to buy anything :) mere did leave boulder with the cutest little hat from urban. We had sushi for lunch which was delicious (I can never get anyone to go eat sushi with me!) We then headed to the Coors Brewery in beautiful Golden, CO (just a 20 minute trek from boulder). The tour lasts about 40 minutes, and its very hurry up b/c the tour guides know that you're just there for the 3 free beers in the end!! This was definately the best part. And no, you don't have to just drink coors (blah) they also brew Killians Red, Blue Moon (yummy), and last but not least....Zima. After drinking our killians and blue moons mere and I dared each other to drink a Zima since they have the highest alcohol content. (they have flavored ones now so you don't need jollyranchers anymore) We then went to the gift shop and had to make a quick exit b/c someone was passing the worst gas you'd ever smell.

We made it home just in time to watch the big 12 championship, and then I treated mere to dinner at the Rio (super good food and everclear margaritas). Kaz had asked us to come back to the piano bar. Saturday night is dueling piano show which is lots of fun. Kaz hooked us up with free drinks all night and even gave us a few shout outs to make us feel famous.

Sunday morning came to soon and my sweet, sweet mere had to head back to Oklahoma! it was quite a treat getting a visitor, and having an old okie pal to share all my fun colorado times with. I love you mere!!!


This is when we went sledding. Aren't we cute??

Our lunch break while skiing/boarding. We were hurting by this point :)

Testing some fresh coors light and sitting on fake ice blocks.

The gateway into downtown Golden, CO. We just thought it was a cute town. Then you turn the corner and BAM...Coors brewery. its huge.

This is us shopping on pearl. After we ate some bomb sushi!

2 comments:

lizcannon said...

awwww that was sweet of mere to visit!!! i bet yall had so much fun! I am mad at you though, i texted you last week, and you never texted back...what a cousin!

lauren and brad said...

I love mere! I am glad you had a visitor, but I'll be there in like a week! hooray! love you...
P.S. Thanks for finally posting!