Sunday, December 17, 2006

Gotta love Karoke Nights

Thursday was my schoolmate's, Amy, last day of class for the semester so we opted to go to the infamous Dark Horse Tavern to celebrate. Her friend, Danielle, came along and we had so much fun! Lo and behold it was karoke night and we ended up being the stars of the show. For the remainder of this blog I'm just going to have to copy and paste from Danielle's blog b/c you can't say it any better:

setting: the dark horse (this wonderful little bar. Just so you can picture it...it's pretty dark. And dirty. a little slice of heaven in boulder.)

main characters: lane, amy and Danielle

supporting characters: a group of "special" people

Plot Summary: Karaoke, night. Need I say more? Trust me, you want me to say more. You know, when the bartender approaches you to sing Neil Diamond it's going to be a good night. Of course there was a price to hear us sing, which was kindly paid in free alcohol. After a beautiful rendition of some south park song, by one our special friends-we were up. Yes, Neil Diamond it was. And what better song to Karaoke than Sweet Caroline.

I'm pretty sure that our special friends who weren't wearing earmuffs were pretty shocked to find that out. And I'm not sure, but I think my mike was turned off too. Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that we got the gold medal for the special olympics karaoke night and I'm damn proud of it. I'm sure there's alot more to the story, but unfortunately i don't remember it. But I do keep getting these bizarre flashbacks of this is how we do it by montel jordan. I loooooooove it. It was such a made for tv movie...all we needed was johnny knoxville and we would have been golden.

Thank you Danielle, for that wonderful account of thursday night. and thank you Dark horse. All of this wouldn't have been possible without you.

No comments: