so since I have been jobless, bored and without my honey during most days I have discovered the greatest invention ever...watching tv shows online!!!! Thats right folks...if you miss Grey's and your freaking out wondering "Did George's dad die?" No worries, just go to abc.com and its all there for your viewing pleasure. This works for nbc, cbs, mtv (gotta love the hills), and sometimes even HBO!!! ooohhh, I'm slowly but surely becoming a big, fat couch potato.
But...good news. While I'm watching all these shows that are always exactly the same and so predictable but I just can't tear my eyes away, I have been looking for jobs and other places to live. First...Jobs. Finding a job in this town is probaly the most frustrating thing that anyone could ever do. Noone wants to hire anybody. You have to know somebody that knows somebody. and guess what...I DON'T KNOW ANYBODY. I mean come on people, all I want to do is give you my math expertise. Good news did come today in the form of an email. Mathtopia (its a tutoring place on the west side that seems pretty neat...you can check it out at www.mathtopia.com) sent me an email saying she wanted to meet with me tomorrow. Well, I'm going to Oklahoma tomorrow for a week (yay) so hopefully we can meet when I get back. A light at the end of a long dark tunnel.
Second....a nice place to live. I mean, is that too much to ask for? If you know the story about jess moving out here in august then you know where my frustration is coming from. All you need to know from that time as 4 people, 3 days, streets of Los Angeles, truck with a uhaul, finding nowhere to live. Well, come to find out, finding a place never gets any easier. We find all these cute places on Craigs List but nobody ever responds back to us. We had hope at one point, but the lady wanted us to get a lawyer and do some kind of escrow thing, all just to rent a place!! aaahhhh! Well, the light at the end of this tunnel is Norm. Norm is somewhat a family friend of the Royalls and has a garage apartment in Santa Monica that we're going to look at and also a 2 bedroom in Culver City (Still on the west side). Wish us luck and hopefully Norm will follow through for us!
Other than that things are pretty good in the LA. We have continued our spades night with TJ and Bobby and have continued to kick their butts. Jess took me on a date saturday night to Cha Cha Cha, a Caribbean restaurant. It was yummy and fun. We went to a party in the Hollywood Hills at TJ's boss's house. It was pimp. I got a hair cut (it had been 9 months. gross) and my eyebrows waxed! On the way to get my eyebrows waxed my car was smoking and making funny smells and everyone was honking at me (It was funny b/c I wasn't sure if people were honking at me or not b/c that is a drivers favorite thing to do in this town is HONK) I rolled into my wax place and luckily there was a auto shop a couple of blocks away. Jess left work and came to my rescue and the Heap of Jeep is all better now. I am leaving for Oklahoma tomorrow and I am so excited! yay!
PS. an update on the star search. I still have yet to spot anybody, but at work jess saw Ugly Betty and finch from American Pie AND just today at the airport (he left for OK today) he saw Steven Tyler. I'm so jealous. I swore that I saw Drew Barrymore walk in front of our car in Hollywood but Jess didn't agree with me. We can just pretend it was her.
2 comments:
i was wondering where in the heck you were!!! (you can't hide anymore...you have internet!) good post. miss you much. can't wait to see you on monday! call me about times, i think i can't get there until 5 or 6...capiche? love you.
Lane, you're so cool. I fcam had a math class, we would hire you to tutor him, but he has no math classes. You coulda tutored him for the GRE. I hope that whole thing works out. Isnt there a wedding in OK for Jess to be in... heard that from Gram. I cant believe jess saw s. tyler!!! I saw him before too.... almost touched him (in concert in okc in like 98). I love you!
Post a Comment