Sorry for no pictures on this blog to prove this to you, but I just made the trek down to the Pico/Union library branch in Los Angeles to use the internet. Oh, how I miss it so. I just learned that I am addicted because I've been having awful withdrawls not being able to get online everyday. This is a blog just to let everyone know I am alive and made it safely to the craziness that is Los Angeles. I've been here about a week, and I'm slowly becoming accustomed. During my days while Jess (aka my sugar daddy) is working, I pass time doing crossword puzzles, reading, cleaning the house that is neverendingly dirty (smog), going across the street to get a delicious, authentic, 99 cent taco (we live in Mexi-Ville...though not Politically correct, its so true), talking to AT&T on the phone (internet shmiternet), watching the 3 channels that come in clear on our tv, and just recently got the guts to walk these 5 blocks alone to the library. I have a super long list of the many adventures that preceded this journey to LA which I must blog about later (these stories must include pictures so you get the full effect) Since we've been in LA, I got all settled in on Jan 2, we have gone to Venice Beach (it was 80 degrees!), watched OSU beat Baylor at Hooters on Hollywood (long story), only in turn to watch KU beat the crap out of the cowboys at Gabe's sports bar (I had to bare this beating with 2 avid KU fans. urg.), Saw Dreamgirls (good, but had some uncomfortably weird parts...like when Jaime Foxx all of a sudden breaks out into song and dance "west side story" style) Made Jess's KU friend TJ a spaghetti dinner and drank wine, and, finally, started a weekly ritual of "spades night" at TJ and Bobby's apartment (Jess and I won, so TJ and Bobby have to host this sunday night as well as cook us dinner :) )
All these good times are had of course when Jess isn't working his booty off. He's worked on a puma commercial and some other commercial since we've been back (In passing at the sony studios he saw Justin Timberlake and Vanna White!) Also, my new friends, jess's old friends, TJ and Bobby, are sound engineers so they meet famous music people all the time! Bobby just met Snoop Dogg and I told him to hook a sistah up!!
We've been having some good times, but I'm still achey for my coloradians and oklahomans. On my top list of things to do: get a job and make a girl friend :)
5 comments:
i will move out there and be your friend :). i mailed you something special, so when you meet your girl friend, you can talk about it! we miss you and love you. go meet some cool people!
i will move out there and be your friend :). i mailed you something special, so when you meet your girl friend, you can talk about it! we miss you and love you. go meet some cool people!
ok...i just left a really long comment...why didn't it show up?
ok...lets try this again...HALLELEUIA you are alive. I am so happy to be connected to you via the world wide web. sounds like you have been busy and having fun even if it is with icky boys. Don't worry you have never had a problem making friends before...you'll be fine. I was thinking this morning about how i felt when i first moved out there~culture shock! but i grew to love it and you will too. oh, and no more writing about the authentic tacos...i got drool on the computer! xoxxo
Hey Lane, i am laughing so hard at this little passage. I guess because i know exactly what you are talking about. Smog, Mexiville, venturing out etc. i am still laughing while i am writing this. I just wanted to say, clean air, a walk to the beach, 3rd street mall are all in your near furture. And I am excited for the two of you!!!!! Makin memories
Post a Comment