Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Cloth Diapers

We intended to use cloth diapers ASAP after B was born and we got the hang of things a little bit.  Well, that turned into 6 weeks down the line, but we officially made the switch on Saturday!  I was nervous it was going to be hard to figure out, but it is easy so far...especially since we are using a service that drops off/picks up the diapers so I don't have to clean them!  We sat through a 2 hour class on saturday before they handed over our first batch of diapers.  we learned all the folds, the different type of covers, all in one vs. all in two, etc. 

So far:

Pros:  
Good for environment 
Easy to put on
Super cute
Cheaper (even with the service!)
Service provides cloth wipes too (weary of this at first but so easy- I filled the old wipe box with lavender water so I just dip the wipe in the water then toss in the bin with diaper. We were plowing through wipes so this is better! )
Potty train sooner (my midwife said her daughter was poop trained by 3 months...I'm not that ambitious)

Cons:
Change her more often (not as absorbant  so B let's me know as soon as she is wet)
Hard to travel- I have a bag to put soiled diapers in for day trips, but I'll probably do disposable for long trips
Nighttime- I don't like changing her at night when it's not poop, so I think we will go with the more absorbant (sp?)  disposables at night

I mean...look at this butt



1 comment:

lauren and brad said...

So proud of you. :)