Woo. hoo. That is about how I feel about 32. When people ask me how old I am these days, I have to really sit and think about it. The years are going faster and the number has become less significant. In fact, I was so nonchalant about this birthday that when I was presented with a birthday cake with a candle during lunch with friends this past week, I actually thought the cake was for Breckin's 19 month birthday?!?! Breckin obsessed much? We did make it a point to celebrate, but since my phone was stolen today at library story time (yep…), I do not have the pics for proof. I guess you'll just have to trust us:
*On Friday, I met some old math teacher friends for lunch. They surprised me with cake and a card….so sweet!
*My hubby got me an afternoon at the spa on Saturday. It was at a really cool spa called the Raven in Santa Monica.
*On Sunday, We went to lunch at one of our faves, Blue Plate Oysterette. It was restaurant week here in LA so we got a good deal on oysters and 2 lobster rolls! We, of course, had some Allagash brews, sat out on the patio while Breckin SLEPT for half the meal on the booth, and soaked up the pacific ocean views.
*After lunch, we went to McCabes guitar shop to get Breckin a pink ukelele! I have been playing the uke a lot lately, and Breckin likes to play with me.
*Then it was off to the Bynelli's for the first annual super bowl party. I made cheese/rotel/sausage dip and there was quite a spread of goodies to snack on! Chipotle was catered as well…we did not starve at this party. There was a claw foot tub full of alcohol and a keg. Beer pong, polish horseshoes, and corn hole were all set up to enjoy plus 2 giant big screens playing the game. I'd say it was a success. Breckin fell asleep in Ryan and Serene's bed at half time while we enjoyed the second half like adults. Then we just walked back home and capped off the night with the heartwarming film, Fury.
*Tuesday, my actual birthday was spent doing some chores around the house. Brooke and Wilder came over with some beer and snacks to celebrate. Then, Jess took me to a fancy Italian dinner where we ate raw beef for an appetizer and 2 desserts at the end. Princess our doula baby sat for us and we found out she was pregnant! It was an awesome day.
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun time. Great you walk to your friend's house. I like that. Happy 32 Lane
Post a Comment