Sunday, April 12, 2015

22 month

Dear Breck, 
You are the best sidekick anybody could ask for.  You entertain me all day everyday with your antics and silly conversation.  Here is what is new:
You still will eat an orange from time to time, but you are not obsessed like before.  You say "I want peel it!" and will usually be successful.

You love to press buttons, and we have to keep our eye on you in elevators b/c you are immediately drawn to the emergency button.  You say "buttons!"

You like to watch butterflies and will say "Utterfly!" when you see one.

You are a bit demanding at times.  "I want a turn next!" and "I want to have it!" and "I want to share!" (only when you wants what someone else has…you are not too keen on sharing yourself).  At the park, you were climbing up a structure and I said "Be careful" and you said "No! I don't want to be careful!"

You got big girl panties from the Easter Bunny.  You like to wear them around, but you have not had any successful trips to the potty yet.

You have started to be more cautious.  You even tell us to be careful.  I was standing on the toilet putting towels away and you said "oooohhh mama!  be caaaareful!" in a very concerned voice.  You can tell when I am hurt or upset about something and you will ask me "you OK, mommy?" and pat my back gently.

You love to pack up a purse, stack as many babies as you can in your doll stroller, put a pair of my shoes on and say "bye mama!  See ya!"  and pretend like you are going somewhere.  Seconds later you say "hi mama!  I'm back!".  One time, you came into the kitchen while I was cooking and said "Hi momma! I'm back!" and I said "I missed you!" and you said "I missed you too mommy" and gave me a huge hug.







I hate to admit it as a parent, but you have gotten to watch a lot more TV around here.  You usually get to watch a curious george while I am prepping dinner.  You are obsessed with george!  I am trying to show you different cartoons from time to time, but you always ask for george.  You say "George time!!" You have a "george spot" on the couch and you do the "george dance" to the theme song (and you make me dance too).  You will not move for an entire episode.  There are always 2 episodes within the 30 minutes.  You say "'nother one" after the first one ends EVERY time.  When Papa was here, you got to watch endless Curious George on his iPad.  I think you made a new best friend.

You are a water bug.  You still love going to the beach, running through the water and building sand castles.  You are hilarious at splash pads and shriek with delight.  We have a mini splash pad (you call it an iPad) that hooks up to the hose that you are loving in the backyard lately.  And bath time is always a success around here.  You usually ask for a bath.  When we ask you "Are you ready for a bath?" you say "OK! come on! Let's do it!".   Lately, you have also been asking to give "bubba bath".  You and daddy have done it a couple of times this month. You give your baby dolls baths too.  Daddy likes to comb your hair in the bath and then you comb daddy's beard.  So cute.





Speaking of your baby dolls…you are obsessed.  You mostly play with the two realistic looking dolls that you got for christmas.  You have taken all the clothes off all your babies.  You like them to be naked.  Every time I put their clothes back on, you immediately take them off.  You wrap them in blankies, rock them, ssshh them, gently pat their backs and stroke their heads, nurse them and kiss them.  It is so cute.







You are just too sweet for words.  You will tell me throughout the day "Mommy, I love you".  Or you'll say "I love you too, mommy/daddy".  Sometimes you even tell me "mommy cute".  One time you leaned in for a snuggle and said "I got you".  Once you said "mmmmmm good meal, mommy!" Your daddy sneezed and you said "Bless you, daddy".  You say "thank you" or "thanks".  You say "Mommy need you!" or "mommy need me!" when you want me to hold you.  I love when you walk in the room and say "hi mommy!  What you doing?".  You do eskimo kisses and butterfly kisses.  You'll say "I don't know" with your arms up.







You love your nighttime routine.  Sometimes we will want you to snuggle on the couch with us for a little bit longer and you will start screaming and pointing to your room "Room! Night night!".  You give the best night night hugs and kisses to mommy, daddy and bubba.  One time you said "night night, all tight".  Your daddy and I try to take turns putting you down, but you prefer your mama still.  When daddy picks you up to go night night, you scream "no! mama's turn!".  The tantrum never lasts long b/c you are soon rocking in your chair with your favorite dude listening to bedtime stories about princess breckin saving prince wilder and you fall fast asleep.  You sleep until 6:30/7:00 most days now.  thank you.






You love a good pallet on the living room floor, and you ask for one daily.  You also ask to build forts daily.  You say "I climb?" and you want to climb everything.  You love to be chased.  This is your favorite game with daddy when he gets home from work.  You say "Chase?" Get me! Get you!".  you love to be tickled and tackled.  You love to fly on our legs or in our arms.  Ring around the rosie is a new favorite.  You never fall all the way down though, only downward dog.  You let us know when you're fed up with something when you say "Ok. Enough."  Your bubba is still a favorite.  You like to boss him around.  You say "Bubba, hush" when he is barking.  You've said "Hi Bubby! what you doin'? Bubby, cooooome on!"  When you see something new and exciting you'll say "oooohhh fun!"





You love to eat.  You even get excited about food.  You love treats, of course.  But you get equally excited about smoothies, eggs, beans, soup/stew, chili, avocado, tomatoes, bread, crackers, broccoli, green beans, cheese, yogurt, and meat of any kind. Especially bacon. OH…and FISH TACOS.  You LOVE fish.  I am going to challenge myself to start cooking it at home for you.  You say "yummy yummy tummy" and "mmmm good"  and "mama…I want a meal!" and "I want taste!" (when I am cooking or eating)  You also love to help me cook.  You sit on the counter and stir things.  You love to "cook" in your play kitchen too.  You say "mommy, I make you waffles (or eggs, milk, soup…)






You are so smart!! And I am not just saying that b/c I am you're mom.  Your vocabulary is off the charts. You are talking in sentences a lot of the time.  You love to do your puzzles, draw/color, and read books.  You still play ukulele and sing from time to time.  You pretty much were singing/playing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star on the uke the other day. You know your colors (mostly).  You were eyeing your box of chalk carefully and after much thought you said "I'm gonna pick out….purple".  You count all the time.  You usually get 1…2…3…then it is hit or miss after that to 10.  You also say "3, 2, 1 Blastoff!"  You call calculators "numbers" and you'll say you "I work" and you'll punch at the calculator or type on the computer keyboard. You have correctly identified a circle, square and triangle more than once.  You also  like to draw circles.  You are curious about the world around you.  Always asking "What's that?"  or "Who's that?" or "What's that sound?".  You'll ask "Where is it?" and when "it" is found you'll exclaim "I see it! D'ere it is!"





You are oh. so. funny.  I find it hilarious that you laugh at the right times when we are watching a show or a movie.  You were studying your my little pony (flutter shy) and you said "Awwww, butt hurts" pointing to the tail.  We have an ongoing joke where you point at me and say "you!" and then I point at you and say "you!" and then you laugh and point and say "no, you mama!" and I laugh and point and say "no, you breckin!"  You have recently started addressing your daddy and I as "ma-dy" (a combination of our names) This is funny and a brilliant time saver.  You have a book where the characters are pigs. One day you pointed to the pig tails on every page and said "poop!".  We stop at a fairy tree on our neighborhood walks.  You love it.  One day, you stared at the fairies for a minute, then exclaimed "Whaaaaaat!?!?!?!  I love you fairies" and then gave them each a kiss.





I asked you what you wanted for your 2nd birthday the other day and you immediately responded with "chocolate cake with fires (candles) and bananas and princesses".  Whoa!  I have asked you a few more times since then, and your answer has never wavered.  Your second birthday!  Just 2 months away!

We love you.  You are the most amazing 22 month old ever.

Love,
Mommy and Daddy



























No comments: