Monday, April 06, 2015

Tongva Park

Los Angeles is finally extending the metro train all the way to Santa Monica.  A long, overdue project.  In the plans was Tongva Park:  a park ride beside the train station at the end of the line.  The park is finished (still working on the train…) so B and I went to explore the other day.  It is awesome!!! I could not stop taking pics and B loved it.  We got prime parking, explored for 2 hours, put more money in the meter, got fish tacos, walked down to the beach, and played at a park on the sand.  We had the best morning. 


I had driven past these structures a few times wondering what the heck was going on.  Two observation decks overlooking the PCH, pier and ocean. 

The park was pretty empty and Breckin could run around like a crazy lady. 



contemplating life

a stream to splash in!

I was already impressed and then we stumbled onto this amazing playground! 


B needed help the first time up the climbing wall, but then she got really fast at it! 








AND THEN there was a SPLASHPAD!  So B had to strip down to her diaper to join in the fun.  This kid loves a splash pad. 


Then back to climbing 

I had to drag this kid away before our meter expired. It was a blast! 

We just happened to park next to a mexican joint with bomb fish tacos, so we indulged.  We took them down to the beach to eat and enjoy a little more playground time by the pier before taking off.  B was zonked by the time we headed home.  We will be going back soon! 


No comments: