After we dropped Jess at the airport, Janet took B and me to the farm. Gaga brought over a pot of chili to Lauren's house and we chatted and ate frito chili pies. Pop and Gag were so happy to see their Mighty B again. It had been since the 4th of July!
With Lauren and Brad living at the farm now, they are breathing life back into the place. They planted an orchard in between the houses and revamped the chicken coop. They have several chickens and get almost a dozen eggs per day! Brad even installed a door on a timer. The chickens know to come inside from the yard before it shuts so they don't get eaten by predators! Sis made me this scramble with the eggs we collected that morning and it was DELICIOUS!
We spend lots of time out on my sister's back patio. It is so cozy and peaceful. I liked going out first thing in the morning and drinking my coffee on the patio. I wanted to drink in all the sights and sounds of the farm in the early morning. They are some of the best. When I got back to cali, I realized how loud Venice can be!
I put Breckin in Genevieve's Bumbo chair and she fit it for the first time! We have been using ours like crazy since we have returned. So close to sitting on her own!
Sus, Gram and Felix came to stay a night. Felix is just 2 months older than Breckin and he was practically crawling! I let him wear the knee pads that grandma Suzanne got Breckin. He was so cute!
Elyse made a trip to the farm to photograph the family. Elyse is a friend of cousin sus from way back. Elyse actually took some of her first photographs of our family when she was in high school and just getting started. She has since taken several photos of my sister's babies, our wedding, and now Breckin! She is the best!
At some point during the photo shoot, the electricity went out. We had a big fajita dinner planned, but instead we rounded up some bottled water, candles and flashlights and ordered chinese food! The boys got their tent out and insisted on sleeping in it on TOP of their bed! so cute.
cousins! The Schatzels loved on their little cousin B so much!
It was impossible to get all kids smiling and happy at once. Instant Classic.
Breckin loves her Mimi! She was giving her tons of smiles!
My sister is the the yoga guru of the tri-county area. She got an influx of job offers for the week I was there because word is getting around how awesome she is. I did not get to do a class with her while there, but we did walk the track outside the wellness center where I saw where she teaches a class. Brad was in Denmark for work all week (his trip sounded AMAZING!) so I gladly helped with kid duty while sis taught her classes. One of my favorite things we did while there was drop off/pick up Ben from Kindergarten. He is so old now! He was so proud to show me around his classroom and introduce me to his teacher. It is strange that he is gone for such a big portion of the day. I see why my sis misses him so much!
Breckin loved this swing and this old raggedy ann doll so much at Gaga's house. She squealed with delight for the first time in this swing.
Breckin got to have her first tailgating experience and football game! We headed up to Stillwater early, picked up some BBQ, and tailgated for a couple of hours before the game. B had a HUGE blowout in her cute cowboy outfit on the car ride up there, so she had to wear her grateful dead onesie. Gaga watched G and B during the first half while B and D went with Papa to his seats and Lauren and I got to have some sister time in the game! We met up at halftime for a beer at the tailgate. Lauren and I took the boys and B in for the second half. B was our good luck charm, as the cowboys played much better and won the game against K-State!
Breckin got to meet so many Seminole friends while we were in town! They are all so sweet and always bend over backwards to entertain and pamper us when we are in town. Wednesday night, Carrie, Candy, and Lauren organized a BBQ at the Lozier house. The Rollins, Morgans, Tigers, and Loziers were all in attendance with their kiddos. So many kids! It is so crazy to see their kids so grown up already. It also makes me sad that I don't know their kids as well as I would like =( The Loziers also hosted a no-kid party Friday night. We caught up, watched a lightning storm roll by, played charades, and played ping pong (Candy and Lane lost in an embarrassing fashion to Tyler and Matt) until 2 in the morning! B stayed with Gaga and Papa and only put up a slight fuss. Of course, I managed to get zero pictures.
one more hangout with Aunt Candy!
Papa got his two grand girls these sweet Halloween outfits. Our last day in Oklahoma we managed to get the girls in them and snap some photos with Papa before he left for work.
aunt Lolo has the special touch.
Mama Jude drove us to the airport. She said something along the lines of "when you're here, it just feels like you live here". I agree with her in a lot of ways. I am so happy I belong to a family where we don't miss a beat no matter how much time or distance is between us. I will always feel a comfort that you cannot get anywhere else every time the car turns down the gravel drive to Phelps Farm. The leaving is the hard part. It always comes too fast and brings the reality that we don't live near our family. Well...Christmas is just around the corner.









1 comment:
WHAT? You are coming home for christmas!?!?!?!?!?
I love all your pics. I am stealing them!
And Gaga is right. It just feels like you belong here. :)
LOVE you.
Post a Comment