Saturday, July 12, 2008

7.8.08-7.9.08 Portland, OR

"I'm not a Hippie...Rainbow Land is that way, Bucko" -chick on the riverwalk talking to an old guy.

Lane writes:

*awoke around 9:00 at Burney.
*took a shower! 50 cents for 5 minutes.
*Still dizzy! couldn't even help pack up. Had to sit in a chair and try to sleep.
*Dave and Lane chant "McDonalds! McDonalds!". so we go to McDonalds in Burney.
*Scarfed down Mickey D's b/c I was Starving...but then ralphed b/c I was too dizzy. Really strange. Never felt like this before.
*We caravaned to Portland. about a 7 hour drive. I slept the ENTIRE WAY.
*Arrived around 9:30 pm at our hotel. We'll say the hotel had a lot of character. But it was a great location, not in the ghetto, and had a great view of the city.
*Jess went to fetch pizza. I was too sick. Went to sleep..
*Awoke around 9:00 a.m.. Feeling good, showered and got ready, started laundry, then BAM! Dizzy again.
*I go back to bed, Jess finishes the laundry. He went to walgreens to see if they have medicine for this weird dizziness. The lady told him I had Vertigo which is an inner ear infection. can be caught in the pool or the lake. He bought some Dramamine and a root beer (the ginger helps). I slept some more.
*I finally got couragous enough to hit the town around 7:00 pm. Jess took me to dinner at Mama Mia's (I was craving spaghetti the whole time I was sick) and we walked the river front. Portland reminded us of Tulsa with a better river. Tulsa should vote to dam the river.
*uh oh...dizzy again. went back to the hotel for a Cris Angel and the first 48 hours marathon on A and E.

Jess writes:

Caravaning north to Portland.
Following an '83 green and blue, full size van
out of california!
southern oregon looks like Oklahoma
green all the way to the horizon
old bridges crossing even older rivers
river towns all look the same
reach portland just after sunset
feels like Tulsa with a nicer river and a basketball team
VERTIGO
heavenly slice
laundry in the basement of the hotel
dramamine
walking along the river
dinner boats look fun
a fountain full of black kids in the middle of town
Mama Mia
cable TV in a smelly room until we fell asleep.


Mama Mia!

china town.



2 comments:

lauren and brad said...

yeah portland!

it is so much cooler than tulsa. how dareth you speaketh that way!

lizcannon said...

poor spinny spins.
we have a place called mama mias here... not the same right?